Ellas New Ke70

Ella

OK Big update time.

Spent a lot of time on it and running around picking bits and pieces up for it, and we finally got it to run- kinda.

Its obviuosly in need of a tune, can anyone recommened a tuner that will do a haltech e8 and has experience with getting quad throttles to play nicely lol.

now for those who like to see shit heres some pics of the lights all running and some of the engine bay setup.

heres my new light setup, two are h4s and two are HIDs in 6000k, i also have a set of 8000k HIDs which will go in my outers (which are set of a switch but only can come on when headlights are on in they way one sets up spotties, The inners will either end up with the 6000ks or h4s, havent decided yet. this was just setup for the purpose of testing. turns out one didnt work for very long, the ballast shit itself. contacted ebay seller who was very happy to send another one asap. most helpful they have been. Also i just noticed in the photo it looks like the parker is reflecting the headlight, thats actually my LED parker lights.

post-1450-0-39482000-1313845140_thumb.jpg

heres a shot of the bay as it currently sits, until it runs and i mount everything a little more permanently when in sure nothing will need to be swapped or removed or something lol.

post-1450-0-76410500-1313847958_thumb.jpg

and last but not least a pic of the spot where the batterty used to be, neat little setup for the things that have been added (relays for headlights and thermos and a little power/fuse block i can tap new stuff into.

post-1450-0-21121000-1313849468_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ella

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Been a bit too busy to pick this up and get it home lol. Might pull my finger out on the weekend and get it home lol.

Been a bit busy with other things like pissing off my sierra 4wd and picking up a towcar etc.

As of friday i have two weeks off which i was going to go to powercruise in but now i will get rolla home and sort her out all nice like.

Bought a towcar to pull my trailer, a manual ED falcon wagon. Its not bad, will take some pics and shit once i get chance

its in there and working.... toook a LOT of changing the setup to make it work, I'm gonna guess you hadnt fitted one to a tank before (was too big to get it into the hole) but we managed to make the hole a little bigger with some creative bashing of the inner lip and did away with the cable ties and swapped them for some thinnner metal ones, now shes all apples on that front. feeds the main pump nicely now haha.

• 2 weeks later...

so i have it home, and even with setting the timing perfect and trying my hardest to get a good signal to the map sensor it still wont run, so it looks like ill need to have it load tuned (no Map sensor or Airflow meter) can anyone on here make a recommendation for someone who is able to do this? they only person i can think of matty spry from PITS, but if someone else here knows a tuner whos a little closer (and cheaper than 185 an hour :o )

in the meantime i can only work on other stuff thats within my capabilities so i have been sorting out all the little things. firstly is the HIDs i brought for the car, heres a pic of them running .

post-1450-0-23006500-1315489500_thumb.jpg

Next i will start on the rear end change and all my suspension swapping in.

itll be an even slower process for the time being as i need to save money now for moving house at the end of the year, while our shed and yard is great our house is too small and we have outgrown it :( so yes, no tune for corolla till next year. unfortunately i need something i can drive so ill be concentrating on the falcon to get it regoed and sorted out

Edited by Ella

• 1 month later...

Ok i have had no money to do anything recently with this but had had a bit of time.

Built my spare struts into coilovers but need to mod the top spring hat slightly to make them work. going to knock that over this afternoon and hopefully have the front end back together this afternoon. have taken some pics but will post the lot once I'm done.

after primer is dried, give a coat of red, assemble. then assemble into the car.

post-1450-0-03230400-1318665572_thumb.jpg

then put brakes and hubs back on and put wheels on and adjust height on coilovers to demonstrate new lowness achieived!

post-1450-0-42512000-1318665600_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ella

• 1 month later...

ok so havent updated anything in a while due to lack of time, have been packing everything up for the big move!

we found ourselves a nice house in chermside with a big backyard for the pup and the kitties and the huge mancave downstairs for me and the rollas to play in lol.

I'm still on the lookout for a pair of stock ke70 front struts and steer arms so i can move the DX I'm kinda starting to cut it short now. went to the wreckers the other day and managed to find a AE71 with no front struts but i did find a full aircon system which i carefully removed to keep it all in good nick and will have all the bits tested before i muck around installing it.

so yeah if anyone has a set of struts to lend to me or sell off cheap enough for the purpose of moving the DX to its new home thatd be handy. if not ill move the cars one at a time and swap the struts from one to the other... but thats gonna be rather inconvenient lol.