Ellas New Ke70

Ella

Members dont see this ad

keen to see the finished product! goodluck and keep posts and pics coming.

cheers tom

no worries mate got some pics for yous all of what ive done in about 30mins, too hot so I'm stopping for now.

ok so first i begun dismantling the inlet side to get gaskets in there and shiz and found everything was very dirty so i figured cleaning would be good...

heres a shot ot the inlet side of the head and the ports before...

post-1450-099608800 1296964676_thumb.jpg

and after a little love with a rag and throttle body cleaner

post-1450-092268100 1296964760_thumb.jpg

next in line for a clean was the fuel rail

before:

post-1450-097431800 1296964841_thumb.jpg

after a little clean with some alibrite (highly recommend this stuff but use gloves lol)

post-1450-071600200 1296964902_thumb.jpg

And then finally after a little rub with some autosol for the wow factor lol

post-1450-016354200 1296964953_thumb.jpg

more when i can be bothered working in this heat lol.

I have been at it yet again!

this evening i finished cleaning up my quads and manifold awaiting new inlet manifold gasket so i can get the inlet side of the engine together again ready to run. Also removed the extractors and got as much of the gasket as i could off the head, left it soaking in some solvent to loosen whats baked on still and will get to that tomorrow night.

Now with nothing i can do on the engine front until i get my gaskets, i decided to get into the next big hurdle, the front suspension.

it had previously copped 80% or so of a XT130 front end upgrade but it was missing a few key things, and also the caster rod, the rod bracket and the sway bar were all bent on the passenger side, QUITE badly. all the bushes are rooted and stuff too.

The easiest thing to do was rip it all out and replace it all with my DX's gear as its all been painted up nicely and has little grime and yuck on it, also the bushes are all nolathane ungraded items. A lot of people poo poo the nolathane items but my stuff is over 2 years old and been in some VERY harsh conditions and it all works sweetly still. No cracks, not dried out not even discoloured. My rack also has a AJPS opposite lock spacer and almost new front wheel bearings. So i could pretty much bolt it in except I'm anal as about it all so itll all be pulled down, cleaned and regreased, all the metal work water blasted and repainted (probably in red to match the car...) this will be done tomorrow evening.

some pics for those who prefer the visual kind of stimulation :)

heres one of the poo as single piston xt130 brakes that were in it.

post-1450-031871200 1297086319_thumb.jpg

inner wheel arch, passenger side after strut removal and a paint

post-1450-004762500 1297086367_thumb.jpg

and heres one of what was the dxs front end removed ready for a tart up and being put into the new car.

post-1450-044625000 1297086421_thumb.jpg

okkkayy. busy evening!

Firstly a extended phonecall to ash (the db king) killed my phone so no pics for you all (tomorrow ok!)

but i got a thread tap and retapped all the inlet manifold threads then carefully wound in the bolts one at a time with a little thread tape on them. They went in fine this time but itll be helicoils all round next time the manifolds off for sure.

After this stopped doing fiddly stuff to lay another coat of paint on my front end stuff. all looking fine as. might put another layer on tomorrow night, may just bolt the shit in, see how i go lol.

Then back to work, fitted the radiator and refitted my hoses. Made up a pair of mounting brackets but didnt feel like welding them in. so left that for tomorrow or when i feel like it. Would really like to get my mitts on a Main thermo off either a 4cyl or 6cyl SV21 Camry and would like a secondary air thermo too if anyone has one? would rather get second hand for these as they aren't hugely important but id like to get them before i go running the motor too much lol.

after this i felt the inlet had sat long enough so on went the throttle bodies and the ramtubes. will go looking for a set of filter socks on the weekend unless anyone has a set they want to sell?

The last thing i sis was pull the exhaust manifold off properly to get at the head, but having been at it for a bit too long i decided my back was feeling too sore and left it at that so i just gotta scrape that gasket and put the new one in.

so now my list is indeed shorter!

Just need to do the following for fire up!

- clean up mating surfaces and pop in new exhaust manifold gasket and tighten the exctractors up

- set base timing and pop dizzy in.

- fill radiator and engine up with new coolant

- air filters

- get mr auto sparky around to sort out the last of my wiring loom

- some sort of vacuum manifold to get a line onto the brake booster, the MAP sensor and the fuel regulator.

- put front end in

- Charge battery lol

-skid it. hard.

cheers kents

Lol that was a joke i can't even drive for another 3 weeks.

So every thread in the exhaust side of the head is f@$ked too... This car is starting to get me down. Helicoils all round.

Edited by Ella