Ellas New Ke70

Ella

Members dont see this ad

yeahhh ok bits are purchased,will helicoil it soon, way too hung over today to even look at a car, went and spent the day with the missus at the goldy doing random shit for fun...

The parts i have awaiting fitment now but still at work cause i didnt have time to pay for them friday are new rack boots And a water temp sensor so those will be done mid week or so.

going tomorrow to pick up the wheels I'm going to use on it, sorry guys nothing special, i need brake clearence more than i need dish right now, and considering the mods this car has the last thing i want to do is go too low or too much dish on the wheels and guards as the local cops love that shit. i wanna keep my licence this time round haha. Instead id prefer to concentrate on getting the thing all mechanically the way i want it.

Got a few other goodies on the go for it but those ill reveal as I'm finished them.

righto gents, another evening another few hours work put in.

firstly got the steering rack bolted in and all set up as per how i wanted it. heres a pic of everything all ready to go... Oh and yes I'm aware both the ball joint and tie rod end have split boots (if you can even see it in the pics), these will both be replaced when i go for wheel alignment, have all these bits plus a new pair of rack boots but no splitter and no press to do this stuff at home. May even go a full remanufactured control arm yet, see if my supplier has a listing for corona.

post-1450-013244000 1297689906_thumb.jpg

Ok and after all of that i lifted up the back end, fitted the handbrake cables, cleaned/serviced and set the tension on the rear brakes then painted the drums and fitted up the new wheels.

post-1450-073797900 1297690060_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys as per previous posts I'm no longer interested in crazy pumped guards and huge dish, i have a another car with all of that happening (not that ive touched the dx in weeks lol) as it is these wheels sit nice in the stock guards, show off my nice brakes/front end and more importantly fit over them!

You can kind of see the metal flake in this shot too! pictures just don't do this poor cars paint justice!

yeap phil taking reall good care of her!

So more done this evening.

helicoiled the threads on the exhaust side thats all on now.

Struts have springs and camber tops ready to go.

one strut in, other not so much in lol. do it tomorrow.

exhaust all bolted to head and all the rubber mounts remounted.

battery charged, gave it a quick test turn over, does that nicely.

the list of shit to do now velly short.

Take front wheels to my old work and fit up brand new tires i have sitting here. (may even buy some semis and put these newies on the back)

finish bolting in struts

file out holes in the Peugeot discs (got new slotted ones)

front brakes in, bleedemup

coolant in new radiator and new coolant

need to source fans (anyone got a SV21/VZV21 fan and AC fan?)

mount rad properly.

Ash to come hook up the rest of wiring.

Wheel alignment

Modplate and roady

sit back have a beer and admire.

Do a skid inside the shed lol.

yeap phil taking reall good care of her!

So more done this evening.

helicoiled the threads on the exhaust side thats all on now.

Struts have springs and camber tops ready to go.

one strut in, other not so much in lol. do it tomorrow.

exhaust all bolted to head and all the rubber mounts remounted.

battery charged, gave it a quick test turn over, does that nicely.

the list of shit to do now velly short.

Take front wheels to my old work and fit up brand new tires i have sitting here. (may even buy some semis and put these newies on the back)

finish bolting in struts

file out holes in the Peugeot discs (got new slotted ones)

front brakes in, bleedemup

coolant in new radiator and new coolant

need to source fans (anyone got a SV21/VZV21 fan and AC fan?)

mount rad properly.

Ash to come hook up the rest of wiring.

Wheel alignment

Modplate and roady

sit back have a beer and admire.

Do a skid inside the shed lol.

i think i wanna be there for that last one luke!

Are you gonna install air con in her? from what i can read,

do what i do park it at woody point and sit at the bel and watch the tide roll in beer in hand, haha

btw who are you going to get to mod plate it? Redcliffe Police arent that bad, i have sat next to them at the lights many a times and they don't even bother, and i have a cage and harnesses,

another car burning up the streets, haha nice work mate

i think i wanna be there for that last one luke!

Hahaha yeah no worries brendan, if it runs on the weekend when your here ill do it then lol.

Are you gonna install air con in her? from what i can read,

do what i do park it at woody point and sit at the bel and watch the tide roll in beer in hand, haha

btw who are you going to get to mod plate it? Redcliffe Police arent that bad, i have sat next to them at the lights many a times and they don't even bother, and i have a cage and harnesses,

another car burning up the streets, haha nice work mate

umm aircon? no? i want a aircon fav because on a camry (which I'm running a rad from) the main fan and the aircon fan work side by side, plenty of room for both fans and id like to be able to punish the hell out of it at the track on a hot day...

Are you a local mate?, and with NT plates on your car we have a lot in common (i moved here from darwin 2 years and a bit ago you may know some of my friends haha). Wait till youve met the local traffic cops and have to deal with them going over the car they are total pricks. I like your idea about the bel, my missus and i go there for dinner when i havent spent the budget on cars for the week lol.

ive been referred to a guy on paisley drive as hes a friend of a friend for my mod plates.

Are you a local mate?, and with NT plates on your car we have a lot in common (i moved here from darwin 2 years and a bit ago you may know some of my friends haha). Wait till youve met the local traffic cops and have to deal with them going over the car they are total pricks. I like your idea about the bel, my missus and i go there for dinner when i havent spent the budget on cars for the week lol.

ive been referred to a guy on paisley drive as hes a friend of a friend for my mod plates.

I'm originally from Redcliffe mate, and i know all about the traffic police here and all of shenanigans that use to go on when Anzac ave was a big cruising place, but i have not had any probs at all, even where i live, they just wave

yeah i brought the car back with me from the NT, mine is all engineered here in QLD was done on the Gold Coast 4 years ago, its i know that the engineers in Redcliffe are very reluctant to hand out mod certs thats all, id be interested to know how you go in Lawnton tho

Cheers matt ill look into that. Helicoils are done but spares are handy...

Nisrola, the guy is a friend of a friend but should be all good, hes rather corolla friendly. He had a ae71 with a 4age and modplated said friends ke70 pannos motor swap. Will let you know how i go. Should be soon, cost depending.

heres a couple of pics of tonights effort.

struts in, brakes in just need to hook up the lines and bleed.

post-1450-062605500 1298119872_thumb.jpg

and then a test fit of the front wheel to make sure everything fits as planned.

post-1450-062776300 1298119991_thumb.jpg

the cars really taking shape now!

ash is coming over tomorrow to look at my wiring after the car show too! will have more updates tomorrow night.

ok so ash and i decided itll be easier to do what he needs to do from home. So ill be finishing what i need to do, probably sometime this week or weekend, then itll be getting trailered to his place. All i really need to do is hook up a few things now, fuel rail, front brake lines and bleed out the lines, mount the radiator permanently and fill coolant and then onto the trailer to ashs place for the wiring for headlights and the engine.

Mounted the rear bumper this evening looks good, I'm using the proper JDM bars from my DX as I'm sourcing all new stuff for it, they have been given a quick lick of gloss black paint left over from doing my wheels to make them look less shitty, came up a treat! Look great against the red bodywork. will get pics sometime when i get back to it.

anybody interested in the chrome jdm bars? Pm me will sell them for the right price, they are new, unmarked have new fibreglass endcaps and new indicator lamps for the front bar, only reason i stuck with the DX bars is i have reos to suit them, can't be arsed making a set of brackets to suit the chrome ones.

Edited by Ella