Popping At 5000Rpm

Istartfires

Gee trev lol. I'll try the above suggestions. I am not a mechanic and have so far only ever changed Leeds and spark plugs on a car my whole life. Sorry I didn't expect to have any trouble wen I bought the car and am just looking for help from people I trust and thus far respect.

Thanks guys

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the f@$king coil packs, why lay out coin for them to probably tell you it is the same thing, sorry but I don't know why people buy cars that they don't research on, splitfire coils for a NEO can be had for under $750, if it is the coils then drive it nicely until you can buy some.

Yeah coil packs...... a f@$king waste of money.... you'll get a corolla for that! The pack in my Astra set me back $650. I want to burn the world and then i'll ride naked ladies to town and back.

The pack in my Astra set me back $650

I wish! Altezza coils are $350 EACH! Hope I never need one!

Fires, this problem is way too modern for guys on here like me- injection, computers, coil packs, electronic distributors, variable valve timing.... All too complicated!

A 4K is a great way to start learning about cars!

Lol I'm sorry you may get a Carolla for that, but the power out of a rb25de-t I'm assuming s##ts all them. Best thing to do mate is jump on www.skylinesaustralia.com the guys the like here love there cars to a great deal and could give you some ideas on what it could be.

One of the stagea guys is gonna give me a hand.

If it's coils I hope my warranty will cover it. Plus they said sometimes the importers put the wrong plugs and shit in, so hope it ain't too bad

If it gets up to 5K then starts to sputter and such, the previous boys are correct in assuming its ignition, and most likely your coilpacks, or plugs, or some shitty broken leads or something. Start with the plugs and check the gap, to .7 like recommended before, then maybe invest in some new leads if the current ones look faulty, then worry about your coils if it comes too that. Good thign about going this way is you know your plugs and leads aren't at fault, and it stops shops charging you for wasted labour you put in yourself.

Dunno where you live, but if a proper tune isn't on the cards, maybe even just a service from people who you know have worked on an RB25 Neo before. Might be an issue he's worked on before and could fix it same day or quicker than you think.

Or do it the Rolla way, and give it a crack yourself ;)

does sound like spark related.

just buy cheap copper plugs too, apparnetly they work better than the fancy ones, just don't last as long.

make sure you gap them properly.

does it do it if you rev it up using minimal throttle? or only when you give it the beans.

It seems to be only on heavy throttle. I'm gonna try the plugs first then see what happens. I'll pass the suggestion about the plugs on to the guy that's helping me on Thursday.

it's all so different to a 4k, like seeing a vagina for the first time, you know it could be fun but your not quite sure how to play with it yet lol

Edited by Istartfires

check plugs first and replace cheap and easy. Next could be coil packs hard to check unless you can borrow off some1 to check, could also be fuel pump. Bosch 040 should do ya plenty. Also make sure you run these on 98 fuel as if its just a recent import asian fuel is a shit load better then any of ours.

As previously stated though the guys on SAU (Skylines Australia) in either the stagae section (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/forum/82-stagea-discussion/) or in the technical section (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/forum/8-forced-induction-performance/) will be able to help out.

Or if you want to, I recall seeing that code down at SuperCheap Auto when I was looking for Charade plugs. BCPR6ES should be in a Sprints/Supercheap or your local auto retailer. Might pay to ring first if you can be bothered :laff:

That ebay ad is for neo 25 coils.

check plugs first and replace cheap and easy. Next could be coil packs hard to check unless you can borrow off some1 to check.

Wrap the coils up in electrical tape and then try it.

Quite easy actually...

Changed plugs, no change. It did idle fine but then went back to a little off. I'm taking it to the importer this week. I will be making sure they check my coils. It ran fine the other day/ power all the what through the rev range but then did it again. It has a dump back exhaust and a pod on a stock tune, I was wondering If that would make a difference because the boost might be a bit higher?