Ke70 1982 Slant Dash Wiring...

BrentonWright

i have refined most of the wiring thoe there is still tones but i still have to much and i have a massive bundle of wires looped through each other on the right side of the wheel i only want the

basics to keep the car moving and the rear lights to work however i don't want to cut the wrong ones and spend ages fixing them any help is greatly appreciated.... Refer to the 4th picture the the others that have wires in it.. basicly i want as much of that removed as possible however i don't have a decent diagram to go off and prehaps someone knows what colors are for what? :D

ok bought a $500 Rolla...

Pulled the seats out

Ripped all the lining out

took a sledge hammer to the dash... no joke...

bent ripped and pulled at the AC/Heating unit

rerouted the broken pipes for the cooling (becouse i ripped bent and pulled not thinking)

took the compressor off all together

took the piping out and the A/C radiator magigy off

sprayed tones of fish oil over the rust and smashed it with Kill Rust (Matt Black / Origional White)

re wired the tacho... (The guy who had it before me ran the wires straight onto the actual fuses themselfs...)

Couldnt find wire clippers so got some gardening secateers... (wind blew door hit me had the car running slipped and cut 4 wires at once and blew quite a few fuses...)

Replaced all the fuses after going to u-pull-it spending 2 hours riping cars apart

put the front end back together etc etc

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by BrentonWright

Members dont see this ad

So youre only going to save 3-5kgs maximum after all this brutality. I say go back to U pull it, buy stock wiring and refit.

If you want to remove bits make sure you do it with some planning and forethought. IE work out what you want to remove, then how becomes obvious. I don't think anyone will be able to tell you wire for wire what to cut and where. I assume its never going on the street again? If its going on the street leave it all alone.

What do you want to remove exactly? You need head and tail lights and blinkers, wipers are handy things, interior light is very small. Its not like there is kilometers of wire to the power windows, mirrors, massaging seats, air purifier, on board semithermalhyperconductive reactor or mobile robot workshop.

Its a vintage corolla. Looks kinda like you've butchered it and will spend the next week or 2 un-butchering it and paying for parts which are getting more expensive each time someone needlessly destroys some.

haha i think he's bitten off more than he can chew.

agreed with little red riding hood, i mean spirit, on this one.

eat less cheese burgers, same effect as removing half the wiring from a ke70.

sure its a great idea, but should be only tackled by someone knowing what they are doing. for someone to help you fix what you have done, is going to be a nightmare. and the only easy way to do it, is to go to the wreckers and buy all the wires again.

and for crying out loud please put the dash back in, and take off that monster tacho:P

ps. don't cut the green wire!.....BOOM!

Well thanks for the replys however was not what i was asking :)... i know how to wire after 8 years as a Electrician and 2 years on engine line / chassis / Finals i know enough to shred shit and not majorly stuff anything up.. however its hard to go from with a dodgy print of a diagram i constantly get linked -_- and as for the dash man there is no dahs left i am in the process of making a newbie for it from scratch and the tacho stays until i have some form of dash built and gauges bought :P its not simply going down the shops getting a new harness and replacing this one it will still leave me in the same spot... what will i learn from it apart from the fact the car has a new harness.. while i am at it I'm simply asking for coded colours to the specific parts needed that i have asked I'm sure someone has had to place a new ignition barrel in... rewire a head unit... reset headlights... every wire has specific colours accorded to there places and instead of sitting out there for hours on end tracking i rather aska few simple questions and get prehaps a few simple (HELPFULL) replys...

Edited by BrentonWright

Well thanks for the replys however was not what i was asking :)... i know how to wire after 8 years as a Electrician and 2 years on engine line / chassis / Finals i know enough to shred shit and not majorly stuff anything up.. however its hard to go from with a dodgy print of a diagram i constantly get linked -_- and as for the dash man there is no dahs left i am in the process of making a newbie for it from scratch and the tacho stays until i have some form of dash built and gauges bought :P its not simply going down the shops getting a new harness and replacing this one it will still leave me in the same spot... what will i learn from it apart from the fact the car has a new harness.. while i am at it I'm simply asking for coded colours to the specific parts needed that i have asked I'm sure someone has had to place a new ignition barrel in... rewire a head unit... reset headlights... every wire has specific colours accorded to there places and instead of sitting out there for hours on end tracking i rather aska few simple questions and get prehaps a few simple (HELPFULL) replys...

Buy a manual like the rest of us do. Id have thought an electrician with 8 years experience could afford one, or maybe could afford more precise tools than a sledgehammer.

I asked you what you wanted to be rid of. Seems you don't even know. I can suggest removing the ignition, all lights and gauges, theres some really heavy wires from the starter to the battery, and from the battery to the car body. You can cut them out, no wait, use a sledge hammer, oh actually, use an engine crane to lift the car off the starter cable, thats how Michael Schumaker works on his Ferrari in his backyard.

Have a good one. :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: