I Want Power That I Can Drive

love ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

handles well i think, if any of you guys are in sydney or mid north coast areas I'm happy to take you for a spin

dam, wish i was

so its no worse than with the original motor? 3k was it?

thanks dude, I'm not sure how poor the handling will be in my ke70 with the 1g so thats why I'm so interested :)

thanks for ur time

dam, wish i was

so its no worse than with the original motor? 3k was it?

thanks dude, I'm not sure how poor the handling will be in my ke70 with the 1g so thats why I'm so interested :cool:

thanks for ur time

No point having all that power if you can't be fast though a corner, i've seen a 4K powered 1300cc rally flogg the shit out of a XU1 GTR on a race track, because boat anchors don't corner well.

it's all about weight, less weight more Acceleration, higher cornering speeds better handling.

SR20DET is the way to go, good power,heaps of go fast bits, and there all ALLOY!!!!

No point having all that power if you can't be fast though a corner, i've seen a 4K powered 1300cc rally flogg the shit out of a XU1 GTR on a race track, because boat anchors don't corner well.

it's all about weight, less weight more Acceleration, higher cornering speeds better handling.

SR20DET is the way to go, good power,heaps of go fast bits, and there all ALLOY!!!!

does anyone actually know how much a sr20det weighs? i can't find it anywhere

and i agree with u, a car that handles like a boat is gonna be slower round the track. but I'm just lookin for a street car with good power thats still driveable, so even if its a bit nose heavy it wont be too bad.

Just email one of the Jap wreckers and ask them. They have to send SR20's all over the country, so I'm sure they'll know the weight of the bloody things. And as an all-alloy motor it should be far lighter than any of the other motors listed as they're all cast block engines. The reason I say this is that I know that the Rover all-alloy 3.5L V8 from the MGB GT V8 only weighs a few kilos more than the cast 1.8L 4-cylinder used in the regular MGB. And it weighs far less than the six cylinder motor from the MGC/Austin-Healey 3000.

• 4 weeks later...

What makes a XU1 a boat anchor? My uncle owns ferraris, corvettes, boxter's V8 supercar's and his LJ GTR XU1 is the quickest around a track out of all of those cars

i've got a zoom mag with a sleeper 10 second 1GGTE gemini in it. they can go pretty hard if you really want them to.

boostday61iu.jpg

There are 10sec ma61 supra's with 1g-gte's, but like that gem they rnt very drivable.

NB: ther is also 9sec gem's with the stock block, so that doesnt say much :rocknroll:

what about a intercooled turbo 40mm DCOE turbo 4k? (ie not draw through).

That way u don't even have to shave the head, and it is way cheaper than a full conversion.

I can even make up a 14sec figure for u!

With struts and sus. all of a celica, and a live axel+lsd (from TRD) combo off a t-18?

For the price of doing an intercooled DCOE 4K turbo, I could build a custom EFI setup and probably include the ECU & Turbo in the price. Leave the carbys for n/a engines. EFI is the way to go, infinite tunability.

Ill take 1 set please.

Is that for a 7k-e manifold/runners/stuff? how much are they?

and how much u recon it would cost for a turbo efi setup?