Vibrations....Eek

benny1991

Hey guys,

My 4k was getting really tired so i scored a 4k off a mate to replace mine. It was removed from a ke55 and was being put into a ke70. It al went in smooth enough, but now on idle and through some revs it shakes and vibrates all the interior in my car..... I really am unsure of why. That is why I put it to you rolla club to help me out. It also seems my clutch feels different, it does not want to 'pop' when i jolt on it. Just seems to a little then takes off as normal...... Please please please help me!

Any help is muchly appreciated, cheers.

Members dont see this ad

What about the spigot bearing? 

A very good question indeed! No spigot would lead to a lot of vibration as the g'box input shaft hammered the end of the crankshaft to bits!

Even if you fitted a spigot bearing it could be out of balance as that flywheel was not on that crank before. Maybe its just a bad combination... that shouldn't be much of a vibration tho'

You didn't take the box out did you?? Fitting the driveshaft in a different orientation can upset the balance too.

..and I assume the clutch is slipping if it takes off slowly when you think it should take off fast. Does the cable pressure come right off the thrust brg? You should be able to pull the outer cable back 5 to 10mm away from the gearbox arm before the thrust bearing hits the pressure plate.

Pop the box out and go over it all carefully. Mark the driveshaft so it goes back on the diff in the same place.

Ok, so a spigot bearing got rid of the bad shaking- take a bow Mr Trev!

Fine vibration.. have you had the driveshaft off the diff at all? Driveshaft universals all tight? Might be flywheel/clutch balance.

Clutch not gripping... is the free-play in the cable correct, or is the cable holding the pressure plate from clamping up tight?

did you check it was the right size on the input shaft?

repco usually gives the wrong size spigot bearing if you ask for one for a 4k, unless they have changed the fakring listing after me carrying on at my local repco bloke lol.