March 4, 201115 yr comment_507529 Well I have myself a project. I bought this car with alot of half assed jobs done to it so now I'm going through and fixing everything and making it into what will be a great car 4wd. Orgininally I believe it was a LWB soft top, now chopped to a ute. This is pretty much how I bought it. The poor effort of 3/4 elliptical setup, this is being cut off and back to standard leafs. Very poor welding and the springs drooped till they were sitting on the old mounts anyway. May try and do this setup again at a later stage with a bit more engineering in it. First job I did was pull all the dash and electrics out, these have been cleaned up wires add/taken out where needed. Headlights now have a set of relays and one for spotties. (pics later) so the wiring is half done, waiting for other jobs to be finalised Next I took the cab off after a quick appraisal I decided to cut off alll the old engine, gearbox and transfercase mounts With a mates CNC plasma cutter I got to work designing some mounts up and cutting them. After cutting off the old engine mounts I noticed that the tops of the chassis rails had cracked so some doubler plates were made up. The gearbox cross member has been made so it will drop out to make taking the gearbox out a breeze. New rear shock crossmember has been made and will be buying shock this weekend, they will be placed inboard. 4k with new mounts planing to use the fuel tank out of a hilux and sit it behind the cab. New engine mounts with doublers Gearbox Crossmember, using a hilux body mount as the rubber mount Next part will be new transfer case and fuel tank mounts and to position the rear shock crossmember and put in the new shocks there. Other major features that are in the plan are 6.5's 33x9.5 silverstones, dual lockers. for those that are more interested in zooks try auszookers.com Report
March 4, 201115 yr comment_507553 I've got an LWB I'm halfway through swapping from 1000cc to 1300cc. What a massive f*ckaround it is :P Report
March 5, 201115 yr comment_507665 Nice project mate! I was under the assumption that the K engine bolted up to the Sierra gearbox. So the sierra gearbox and transfer case was used? Report
March 5, 201115 yr comment_507668 Ahhh, i see. Shows how much i've really looked into it haha. Engine and gearbox mounts are looking good. Report
March 5, 201115 yr Author comment_507687 wish I'd taken a before pik of them, good for a laugh Report
March 6, 201115 yr comment_507873 hey mate.. i was working beside this beast the other day, had a bit of a look at her. these zuki's have taking off, can't seem to find 1 for a reasonable price anymore. my bro an i had 1 for a few years, went bloody anywhere! had a ball in it. good luck, will look forward to seeing her on the road! Report
March 6, 201115 yr Author comment_507880 where abouts was that? there are a few around for sale I think, how much do you have to spend? Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_508452 out youngtown way!! few years ago we had a dark grey zuki, 33s, 4" lift paid 800, sold it for 12hunge. doubt i would get 1 for that price again. prolli 2grand would pull me up.. will have to move a couple other projects on be for i buy tho, otherwise ill be in strife at home. look forward to seeing some updates. any reason for goin 4k an not 4ag? where abouts was that? there are a few around for sale I think, how much do you have to spend? Report
March 8, 201115 yr Author comment_508462 4k because thats what was sitting on the mounts when I got it, may convert it later. Just mainly focussing on getting something that works for now. Report
September 10, 201115 yr Author comment_552609 Well I've done a bit of work doing a virtual lift to run the 33's front guards tapered in to line up with bonnet ~80L fuel tank new seat rear setup start point of some half doors bit of body lift gearbox-transfer alignment engine bay doing the virtual lift Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now