Everything posted by pyrohamish
-
Wanted 5K/7K
Cheers, good spot, sold already though :(
- Wanted 5K/7K
-
Corolla Parts
Wanted urgent 4k Carby, launceston region ph me on 0429 400 941 Edit: got one thanks to Taz_rx
-
Weber Carby Tuners In Tas
Look up Procarb in launceston they might be able to help http://www.whitepages.com.au/business/pro-carb/wpb-launceston-tas/B|T03W|926562ec|Pro-Carb
-
K50 Gearbox Rebuild
Well I got it all back together and it seems to work. Not a job for the light hearted haha
-
K50 Gearbox Rebuild
So I'm rebuilding my K50 gearbox and there is three "interlock pins" where are these meant to go as they just fell out as I broke it down. As a note the rebuild kit that my local drivetrain shop got me had all the bearings seals and gaskets bar one roller bearing that is apparently unavailable. Given this they took the old bearing cage and put new rollers in it for me.
-
Corolla Parts
I need a K50 gearbox, doesnt matter what condition inside as long as the housing is in good nick.
-
Suzuki Sierra Shocks
Holden commodore vc-vn wagon. Open:530 Closed:320. Gabriel part # 81340
-
Suzuki Sierra Shocks
yeah probably..there is a bit of 4k stuff on there though haha, quite common for the 4k carby to be swapped over on the zook motor. here it is for download, didn't think of it earlier doh! http://www.multiupload.com/X25F75ZNBN
-
Suzuki Sierra Shocks
Heres a list of gabriel shocks and lengths, I made for auszookers orginally. oops stuffed up attaching, apparently I can't upload an xls or zip http://www.auszookers.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19743
-
4K Engine Manual
the one you want is the genuine toyota yellow book they come up sometimes on ebay
-
4K Carb Advance
I would get a timing light and see which port advances and which port retards when vacuum is applied then block the retarding port
-
4K Carb Advance
will have a look in prob a couple of weeks when i get time to spend on the project car
-
4K Carb Advance
yes it only happens when i press the accel straight hard to the floor fast, it wont do it if i accel a bit slower
-
4K Carb Advance
I have a 4k in a sierra and i'm trying to sort out the advance. Not sure if this is normal or not but. With the advance vaccuum line on the advance port(i think) the dizzy will go from 8deg down to 0deg for just less than a second then it will come back up past 8 deg and up to whatever.. I havn't tested with a timing light but with it on the manifold it still seems to happen The carb has literally nothing else attached, no emissions or anything only things connected are choke cable, accel cable and advance line, every other port is blocked off. Also this is only testing while sitting in the driveway under no load.
-
Clutch Alignment Tool
I usually use a combo of a drill through a socket to get it close enough. trick to get out the engine bearing is to pack it full of grease and hydrauliclly push it out by tapping a bit of rod ( usually the shaft of a drill using a piece of wood on the end to hit the hammer against) the right size into the hole.
-
Pyrohamish'S 85 Lwb Sierra With 4K Conversion And Ute Chop
Well I've done a bit of work doing a virtual lift to run the 33's front guards tapered in to line up with bonnet ~80L fuel tank new seat rear setup start point of some half doors bit of body lift gearbox-transfer alignment engine bay doing the virtual lift
-
Having Truble With My 4K
8-16thou from memory
-
Very Interesting Engine Design
problem with turbines is the massive amount of noise and the constant whine secondly the large amount of reduction needed in the gearbox up to 50 000 RPM from the turbine compared to up to say 8000 for a standard engine
-
Carbie Set-Up
I'd love pic's of the carbie and which hose is what too.
-
4K Tick
Do you have the spacer on the fuel pump? Should be Block-Gasket-Spacer-Gasket-Pump
-
Ballast Resistor
Is anyone running a hot spark? How well do they work and what sorta price are they?
-
Carby Help
Can I just run the vacuum line from the dizzy to the intake manifold?
-
Carby Help
What happens if I disconnect and these pipes and just block them off?
-
Pyrohamish'S 85 Lwb Sierra With 4K Conversion And Ute Chop
4k because thats what was sitting on the mounts when I got it, may convert it later. Just mainly focussing on getting something that works for now.