Need A Full Respray On Ae71

Hey guys I'm interested in getting my car fully resprayed, I'm doing the rust removal and primer my self, i was just wondering if any1 new any places in adelaide that will do the coats of paint and clear coats, I'm looking to keep the car white. if you could just give us sum ideas on prices for a basic job.

Edited by ae71rollr

Members dont see this ad

Give it ago yourself. Whats the worst that could happen, you to rub it back again. But if you don't want to then at work we use perfection crash, 121 Addison Rd ROSEWATER 08 84471129. They do pretty good work.

i work at a powder coating place so i know how to paint, i just don't know the equipment needed to do so, if someone could list the type of compressor and guns you need that would be awesome, i do have a 2hp/20L compressor but doesnt have a valve to control pressure.

Pro jobs will cost more than your car.

Blow jobs will cost you a house and a kid.

:lolcry:

yeah give it a go yourself, i just finished my celica. Cost $400 to get it done. That's 2 litres of accrylic mixed + thinners + tape, sandpaper etc etc

I paid $99 for a 3 gravity fed spray gun kit. I Did the better job with the touch up gun lol. But took forever to just spray the door. The reg was about $35 and the compressor was $129, But with the compressor I had to a small section then wait for the tank to refill

yeah i would prob say your compressor is a 2hp which is the same as mine, i saw a SCA Paint Gun Set - 4 Piece Kit, Gravity Feed which comes with the regulator, it says $169 on the website but i saw it for roughly $129 so ill prob use that and ask them if my compressor will cope, also with the paint, 3M Acrylic Paint Gloss White should do fine shouldnt it? and 3M Acrylic Paint Clear should be fine for top coat? i just wanna double check before i go buy it all

ok so i've decided what i am going to do, i will buy the SCA Paint Gun Set - 4 Piece Gravity Fed kit(air compressor if mine is to small) 3m paint stripper, prob 1L then 3M Primer Surfacer 4L then prob go 3M Acrylic Paint Gloss White 4L and finish with 3M Acrylic Paint Clear 4L. do you reckon 4L is to much?

ok awesome, so i prob only only need 2L primer and 4L of the gloss. once car is primed, i will upload pictures and then also of the final result. i've completely stripped the interior and contemplating using suede as door trims as i have for parcel shelf already, resprayed dash so far and otherparts of interior. will upload photos shortly, due to camera being angry

I understand you want to do it cheaply but if I was buying all this stuff to paint my car I would buy something other than SCA gear that didn't end up in the bin after I used it, otherwise you spend lots of money getting equipment that is (like thatdude said) now broken or going to break when you could have used that money paying someone to do it. And you end up with a crummy paint job and some broken or poor quality gear that you probably wouldn't want to use again because it sucks. Or you could buy awesome gear, and as you already know how to paint, have cheap, awesome paint jobs on all the cars you are yet to own, and just be an awesome guy in general :y:

Edited by rianwest

Sorry I should have said I know very little about painting haha, but I do know that supercheap auto equipment isn't very good quality. They do sell some good stuff but their cheaper "SCA" or "Best Buys" stuff is usually junk. I'm sure someone with the know-how will post up soon and tell you what is best or what they are using at home/work, I'm also interested as I wouldn't mind getting a compressor one day soon.