Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7K Performance Rebuild

Featured Replies

Very interesting topic indeed! I would like to do roughly the same thing but I can't find a 5k or 7k motor for sale anywhere! Where would you be able to get one?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 73.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Agreed. Everybody cut the shit talk and get back on topic.

  • pol090_ke11
    pol090_ke11

    Yeah thanks "love Ke70" that's why I have gone from my original option of a tuff NA to the EFI supercharged option. I understand that a tuff NA engine is good to drive around at high rpm all day arou

Posted Images

  • Author

Hey mate yeah I found my 7k on tradingpost.com but I recon if you just ring wreckers and jap import wreckers and places like that you will find one, good luck

is both the bore and stroke bigger on a 7k than a 4k?

if you were using a 4k you could use 1G GTE internals, but i don't think you can on a 7k :(

 

What sort of internals are we speaking here? PM me if its a bit too off topic.

 

Ryan

  • Author

Hey Ryan I'm going to stay with standard internals but I am going to crack it open and and get the engine balanced possibly just replace the pistons with new standard items if they seem damaged in any way, check any bearings, seals, pins, rings, etc etc. I am than going to get the head worked ported and polished, larger valves and double valve springs, will also get a regrind on the standard cam to suit the performance I am after.

 

The reason I am going to stay with standard internals is because I will only be running a maximum of 10psi at 5500rpm so its going to have plenty of torque and pull in the low rpm, I will also be using a custom front mount intercooler and EFI setup. thanks for the interest any other questions feel free to ask. :y:

standard pistons and rods will fit :)

  • Author

internals from a 1G GTE will fit into a 7k? I'm praying they will :rolls:

nah mate, 1g gear goes straight into a 4k.

 

i don't think they share a bore or stroke, so useless drivel for this thread, unless they do share one or the other

  • Author

standard pistons and rods will fit :)

 

 

Are you taking the piss here or talking about 1G GTE? :glare:

ok, i see how this can be getting confusing.

 

standard 1ggte pistons and rods will bolt into a 4k motor, and yes, they are as strong as you could possibly ask for in a 4k.

  • Author

still looking at plenty of different options with this rebuild before I start emptying my wallet.

 

I came across the thread with a draw through setup on a 4k (picture below) can you still run an intercooler with a draw through setup and are you still able to gain decent power out of this sort of setup.

post-12289-056331700 1300096630_thumb.jpg

sorry for stealing pic

still looking at plenty of different options with this rebuild before I start emptying my wallet.

 

I came across the thread with a draw through setup on a 4k (picture below) can you still run an intercooler with a draw through setup and are you still able to gain decent power out of this sort of setup.

post-12289-056331700 1300096630_thumb.jpg

sorry for stealing pic

 

an intercooler with a draw through is a no no, some people i know have done it, one worked, one didnt, cooler exploded due to it being full of fuel/air and the engine backfired... enough said.

safe to say tom fitted efi the weekend after rick's one exploded. (it was an 18R-t)

yeah running fuel through an intercooler is a really bad idea.

  • Author

haha ok yeah no worries I can clearly see this would be a really bad idea now thanks guys, but would this be the same through the pipe work and into the supercharger? and now this has changed my mind about this kind of setup think ill stay with blow through EFI.

  • 1 year later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.