T-H-E P-A-N-E-L

RA28GT

sounds like you need a bead blaster. we managed to stretch a 155 on a 13x7 with one first try.

after reading your other thread about painting the wheels with a white lip i was skeptical but some how you just know how to pull off any look you want. you're a visual magician troy. :D keep up the good work.

Members dont see this ad

i've seen 155/50R14 on a 7inch rim. can't see why they'd be struggling. what brand/type are your tyres?

Maxxis tires. Only one i could find in a 175/60R13. Not cheap chinese stuff.

Painted the rear arches in the panel area today as they were all scratched up (right side has clear in this photo):

IMG_1010-1.jpg

and.............. a little teaser picture of the new wheels, yes that is the THICKEST whitewall i can legally run unfortunately. Ill put up a full picture tomorrow.

IMG_1013-1.jpg

Edited by RA28GT
  • Upvote 1

Ive been busy with the car today getting some things painted and getting the car clean for toyoshow (even though its going to rain).

Didn't get a chance to get some full pictures, I will over the weekend though, until then everybody can just picture in their heads haha.

Cannot whitewall over any writing on the tires these days in SA, and unless your grinding right into the tire the whitewall will not many almost any difference to the strength of the sidewall.

Troy

Cannot whitewall over any writing on the tires these days in SA, and unless your grinding right into the tire the whitewall will not many almost any difference to the strength of the sidewall.

this is the problem in vic. it's not that it compromises the integrity of the side wall but it grinds off the load ratings of the tyre thus making them illegal. i have also been in trouble for the flappers on my car for the same reason. why i'm back to the 13s. :(

can't wait for photo's troy. :y:

Just finished getting ready for toyoshow, got the car clean even though its going to rain tomorrow morning.

The last couple days I have:

-Painted behind the grill area matte black

-Painted all plastic trim pieces

-Painted grille black with silver outline

-New cover for panel area

-Various other bits and pieces

Sorry about the shit pictures, it was the best i could do in my garage, lighting isn't exactly great.

IMG_1015.jpg

Its not that much lighter it was just the light in the photo.

IMG_1016-1.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

For anyone in Adelaide ill be at Wigley reserve at Glenelg for toyoshow tomorrow if you want to come check out the car in the flesh!