Barry The Ke26

JordyKE

Hey there,

My names Jordan. I've been meaning to this on here for a while now. This is my second corolla (i have to stop being addicted). I bought it off a guy locally about 6 or more months ago.

I got lucky as i wasn't looking for long till i found the Ke26 i wanted :). It has a 4K atm but am looking to upgrade to a mildly worked 5K :yes: Has a 5 speed box which i find very handy. Jap diff.

Things i have done:

Satin black RA40 Celica rims running 195/60 R14 tyres all round.

Engine change from 3K to 4K (my first engine change).

Rust repairs, however i have not fully finished and am unsatisfied with my job. So i will be restarting and maybe practice welding so i can cut out and replace rust infected areas.

Removed old boards from boot of car and replace with 3mm and vinyl. Also installed 6x9's in the rear.

Lowered rear 2 1/4 inch. And lowered front slightly.

That's about it atm. I NEED some motivation at the minute haha.

Things i need to do:

Buy some decent tools, looking a Blue point atm.

Muck around with getting some 13x7 deep dish steelies. I currently have 4 4x114.3 steelies which i may get redrilled to suit 4 x 110. (not sure yet)

Find a 5k which i can rebuild myself. Or a complete running 5k for a good price. Undecided.

Paint over rust repairs.

Get a few new bit's like front kick panels, front garnishes etc.

Replace diff or diff centre.

WHITEWALLS?

SUNVISOR?

That's about it. Check out the photos :)

Cheers Jordan.

post-10677-029912500 1303369819_thumb.jpg

Edited by JordyKE

Members dont see this ad

Looking good man, these old wags are so awesome.

Once I get bored of my sev I wanna look at getting one but they seem quite rare in Brisbane.

I'm currently working a 5K. Ill pass along any info on parts I already have or don't need that I find (down your way)..

Edited by blzbub666

Looking good man, these old wags are so awesome.

Once I get bored of my sev I wanna look at getting one but they seem quite rare in Brisbane.

I'm currently working a 5K. Ill pass along any info on parts I already have or don't need that I find (down your way)..

Yeah i never seen them driving around..... ever. Yeah i got a bit over my 30 haha needed a change.

Hows that going? I'm looking really hard to find one in pieces or together. I really just want to learn to build an engine myself (minus machining etc obviously). That would be sweet dude :cool:

Ps. I have a mac so no paint on here haha. I guess heres another chance to add another one :laff: (SORRY MODS)

post-10677-064639600 1303371469_thumb.jpg

post-10677-011560000 1303371577_thumb.jpg

Edited by JordyKE

You should have some kind of basic picture editor?

5K's have been popping up a bit lately. Surprisingly the one I got was for sale for a few months before I bought it.

Just keep checking the forums and eGay.

A really basic engine to work on but I'd still have someone who knows to help. Or a good engine manual.

Well i try do it in photoshop but it doesn't decrease the MB size.

Yeah well theres one in Adelaide atm which is fully apart, which I'm going to have a look at next week. But i don't think everythings there ie. a few missing bolts etc.

Yeah fair enough, i'm not a complete mechanic noob but my Dad knows a bit and got mates also. I'm looking to find this 'yellow book/manual' actually.

Yeah this is my first engine rebuild. Not ground up but we got most of it apart.

Fingers crossed the bearings are all good....

Got an unknown spec cam (should be interesting) a Weber, full VRS kit.

Will run electronic ignition. Already have headers to a 2" on the 4K.

Should all come together nicely.

Man that wags looks good in those pics :blush:

That's sweet. I reckon anything you put in your own time and learn through it you'll appreciate way more once it's done. The reward at the end will be the best.

Haha unknown cam, could be tricky. I guess you'll find out in due time how it all goes. Lets hope you get torque :wink:

2" exhaust? What's the back pressure like....

Cheers man :laff:

2" exhaust? What's the back pressure like....

Seems fine. definitly got more power out of her. It has a hotdog and sports exhaust so not straight through!

Most people say go 1.75 but this was a home job with what was around (around being exhaust shop dumpsters :P ).

As for the cam, will see what happens... :laff:

ewt:

I want to fix the rust a little bit better haha so i don't have to keep fixing it. Not to sure about the sun visor i've seen it on 26's and i'm not sure if i like it.

And i have some 13inch steelies with the lips for hubcaps. They'd are about 6 1/2 inch wide so they'd look pretty neat with caps on em.

SLO-030:

Yeah that would look and sound tough. Just need to find a 5K first :blush: