Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need To Borrow

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

My landlord was fairly explicit that I'm not allowed to play around with my baby in my driveway, and was wondering if someone in the western suburbs could lend me their driveway for a weekend day sometime soonish. I need to run some cleaner through my oil system and change the oil. Have my own tools etc, and will be taking all my crap away with me again, just need somewhere to do the job.

Willing to pay whichever kind person takes me up with a six pack of the beer of your choice.

send me an email on [email protected] or a text on 0418236112

Thanks.

park the car outside and do it on the road? FTW :lol:

if you park with one side up on the curb you don't even need jackstands or ramps. :D welcome to RC btw.

Behind some shut shops. No worries about cleanup?

can a landlord even refuse such as thing legally?

Some guy got fined by his local council for modifying a car at his place of residence. can't remember which state, over east somwhere.

can a landlord even refuse such as thing legally?

 

Legally they can put terms/conditions on the lease for the place, which you agree to by signing it. So technically yes. don't get me started on councils & THEIR legislation.

I see, I didn't even know that was possible, MicMac whats the exact wording of your lease agreement in that area?

I'm in sunbury just pm me if and when

i should have the garage clear soon

 

cheers

Woz

Go to a multi level carpark after hours.

 

good light, good surface and undercover. usually nobody hassles you...

  • Author

I see, I didn't even know that was possible, MicMac whats the exact wording of your lease agreement in that area?

 

Don't have the lease in front of me, but it's something like "I will not undertake mechanical works on a car, motorbike, boat or other, lest my landlord eat my soul and throw me out on the street" something along those lines.

But they've just ripped out all the concrete in the driveway of the unit, wish they'd told me, I could have just done what i needed last weekend and if i'd spilled any out, well, it's all gone now.

ok that sucks, well as the others have said, go the street- just watch out for oncoming traffic, get some of those warning triagles if you have to. Or the nature strip because that's council property.

 

What I want to know is why a landlord would be so stingy as to force someone to not service their car on the property.

 

If you lived closer to me I would let you use my place, but Essendon is a long way from here.

  • Author

What I want to know is why a landlord would be so stingy as to force someone to not service their car on the property.

 

Apparently it's pretty standard, I asked a friend or two of mine first, and they have the same conditions on their lease agreements. Someone on here offered me the loan of their driveway/garage, recon I'll just take that up in a week or two.

 

Cheers to Woz for the offer, and everyone for the suggestions.

I see, I didn't even know that was possible, MicMac whats the exact wording of your lease agreement in that area?

 

What I want to know is why a landlord would be so stingy as to force someone to not service their car on the property.

 

I've seen questionaires from the landlords to prospective tenants (i.e ME) with the question "do any of your cars leak fluids?" on them. 'Only coolant when I'm rippin skids on your front lawn' would be a nice answer! :laff:

 

Unfortunately the minority give the majority a bad name. Most people who've just sunk $400k plus into an investment property don't want to risk some lazy grease monkey leaving parts & oil stains everywhere, aside from noise until all hours. Plus some anal types think "it's not a good look", the way I see it is I'm saving money that would've gone into a mechanics pocket to put into their pockets as RENT.

 

Go to a multi level carpark after hours.

 

good light, good surface and undercover. usually nobody hassles you...

 

Highpoint shopping centre for the win!! If anyone does ask, your car's 'broken down' & you're 'fixing' it. :yes:

 

Hey MicMac, I reside in St Albans if that's close enough for you?, PM me if you're interested & we can work out date/time etc. Hell, if its the right kinda beer I might even be able to give you a hand. :wink:

Edited by carbonboy

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.