Ke35 Coupe (hardtop)

ca18rolla

Guys how are we all? what i wanna know is what parts my ke35 hardtop (01/75) shares with other rollas for example: what bumbers and bar indicators will fit it and do they have the same bonnet as anything else. Also anyone know of anywhere that sells reco'ed chrome bars or even new ones to suit willing to have freighted so location no prob. thanks heaps guys

p.s also chasing wheel flares

Edited by ca18rolla

Members dont see this ad

KE35 is pretty much the same as all other KE3x series (the wagons, sedans etc) as far as *most* of the bits go. Also the same as, if not very similar to, KE5x.

There's a place that sells new panels (I can't remember the name, if you do a search you should find it, it's been talked about here before), and IIRC they also do bumper bars, but I think only in the later style with the plastic ends.

Flares, also been talked about before, do a search. It's a place down south, and they're prices were pretty good. I think someone on this forum has a set too, but my memory fails me. It was a brown KE5x or something like that...

Bonnets, bumpers, indicators, fenders, cosmetic bits can all be swapped amongst KE3x and KE5x models. Pretty much, the only thing that you can't swap is the doors and boot lids, almost everything else is the same cosmetically.... drivelines and underbody components are different, but can be swapped as a whole piece (eg Discs and calipers, 4k)...

Hope that helped (my whole lot of b/s for the day, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Coupe rear seats are different to sedans, but can be made to fit. Also obviously front seat belts are different. Most sedans don't have the flip forward front seats for the coupe. Carpet can be swapped between coupes and sedans, with a few holes made. Engine gearbox diff tailshaft brakes etc are all interchangeable as bolt on. Struts are the same, bonnets are different between KE55 and KE35 but will bolt on. KE55 bumpers will bolt on. Parcel shelf is different in the coupe to the sedans. Windscreen rubbers are different in the coupes, but a good condition sedan rubber can be stretched to fit. Some auto bodies need to have gearbox cross member mounts changed to suit a manual. I have many spare coupe bits, if you need anything specific, let me know.

i need seatbelts, chrome rear bar, some front bar lights, and the chrome mould on the bonnet. but will be checking the last wreckers i know off "kellys" this weekend first though cheers guys

still wanna her from anyone thats done a brake upgrade and what they thought of it!