Subaru

ancullen

New Impreza front-end looks interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it in real-life to get a better idea of whether I like it or not. First gen Impreza still looks WAY better. I think it's funny that the Evo IX can still beat the 2.5L WRX STi though.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evo I looks horn. I hate X. Don't like it, looks like a Magna to me. I don't like the wedge shape ones (like the ones that ricers do up, clear taillights and shit). I do like the ones that looks like Evo IIX.

However, I do agree that they always seem to consistently look better than STi's.

Even though I hate Magnas, I really like the AWD Sprintex Magna (don't know whether you easterners would know, but Sprintex is a pretty major supercharging/hi-po parts workshop). Jay Uptons a real nice bloke as well, met him a number of times.

WTF was with that? I clicked reply twice and thats what I got (doubled words)...

Edited by sidewayz1

Evo III rocks. Evo IV, V, VI, and VI.5 can all suck my left nut. They're too tacky looking. Concept-X looks the goods, but it'll be too heavy, as it is about the same size as the Galant VR4 was (the original, not the V6 versions). Plus it'll have a new alloy 2.0L motor, which will probably come with MIVEC straight away. Hopefully it'll rev harder and higher than the 4G63 (me like revs). Would love to see someone spend the money and drop an Evo IX motor (and drivetrain) into an Evo III. Mmm, MIVEC.

Adam

newer evo turbo engines are the opposite layout to the older ones E-W -> W-E. Means the exhaust is at the rear of the engine bay instead of the old way where it was in front.

Turbos spin the opposite way too :jamie:

Learned this from a Mitsubishi nut I work with.

Hence my comment that I'd love to see someone spend the money. It'd cost so much it'd be ridiculous, but at least you'd know it's one-of-a-kind. I knew about the change of direction as I had looked into engine swaps for my Galant and could have put anything up to an Evo III motor in had I had the money and the desire for shit loads of torque steer (I ended up deciding to go with N/A Galant GSR motor but bought the Corolla instead).

nick's right. look at the sticker price of new (decent, ie: not a falcodore) FR cars today. an mx5 is the cheapest, shittest thing you can buy, and they start at 40k, ranging up to 50. an is200 is just under 50. the lowest spec rx8 is about 55, ranging up to 65. 350s start at over 60. have you looked into S2000s lately? they're over 70 grand! it sucks but that's the way of new cars these days, lame lame lame

most FWDs will understeer if pushed into a corner to fast. the only way they really oversteer is if you left foot brake or use the handbrake. not something the average driver is going to do.

When your powered wheels are also your steering wheels, and you lose traction, thats not a good situation for a novice driver.

that is understeer, ie. push. the car wants to run wide.

really it is easy to recover from, by simply taking your foot off the gas and everything returns to normal. it is a normal reaction from an average driver.

if the backend steps out on a RWD, you have to regulate it with opposite lock and throttle. takes more work then simply taking your foot off the gas like a FWD.