Te72. / T18 Coilovers?

Members dont see this ad

best bet is to convert to ae86 front end, then just use ae86 coilovers. heaps of expensive name brand systems available.

else convert your t18 sturts to coilovers if you really want the adjustment (alot cheaper than most people think)

else just buy some lowered springs and short stroke shocks.

Coilovers are over rated if you don't need the height adjustment (which most people don't, as they never get their car corner weighed anyway)

Edited by ke70dave

as dave said go ae86 gear, BC ($1249 f + r), TRD (~$2000 f + r), HSD ($1000 front), megan racing ($1200 F + r) etc do coilover units to suit the front, rear you can get height adjustable spring seats from BC or AJPS. AJPS will also make some for you depending on what you want.

With the BC coilovers (probably be the same with most like that) though you need to put brakes onto it as well, which involves ae86 caliper bracket, rotors, hubs, wheel bearings, pads and whatever else.

Just remembered Jake (can't remember user name) had to change his camber tops when he purchased bc coilovers. Might have been due to personal choice or they don't fit. wait for him to post.

There's t3 coilover kit for sale at the moment and all you'll need after that is shocks, spring and camber tops if you wanted them, but then you're stuck with t18 brakes.

for those prices.....waste of cash if you ask me.

cheaper to make your own, and you will get better dampers!

ae86 bare struts - 200 or so (including brakes, hubs etc)

weld on coilover kit with chosen spring rate (please low!), - about $300

a pair of shocks, bilstein are around 300 each, kyb are about 200/pair.

pair of camber tops - 250 brand new (Whatever 2nd hand)

find a decent welder that will do something for cheap, do all the cutting yourself or at least mark it out very well for him. say $100 for this.

kyb's - 200+300+200+250+100 = 1050

bilstin - 1450

and if you go the bilsteins, your front end will kick ass over any of those other brands mentioned, and be comfy too!

Edited by ke70dave

But that's for fronts only $1050 - $1450, also if you could point me in the direction of bare struts with a brake set up for $200 id be keen. Everyone charges $300-$400, import places charge $150 for hubs only! Caliper brackets are $50-$60

I just purchased front BC's for $740, which is Damper adjustable (which suits me really well since the roads here are terrible and the car see's track once or month or so)

JDM rotors + adm calipers for $120

Peformace pads with 3mm shaved off (to suit slotted rotors) $120

ae86 rotors + hubs $40

Wheel bearings $50

= $1070

Seems pretty reasonable to me for brand new coilovers and a good brake set up

kinda after something with minor mods to fit.. might go coilovers. so the camber tops don't line up? will be running 14 X 8 and 14 X8.5 rims! unknown offset but stick out heaps on my ke70!

Edited by JDM KE70

what do you mean camber tops don't line up?

But that's for fronts only $1050 - $1450, also if you could point me in the direction of bare struts with a brake set up for $200 id be keen. Everyone charges $300-$400, import places charge $150 for hubs only! Caliper brackets are $50-$60

= $1070

Seems pretty reasonable to me for brand new coilovers and a good brake set up

that is quite a nice setup yo uhave there destroyer, and you can't argue with the price.

agreed prices of 86 gear are through the roof, but every now and then normal priced items come up....

last year i bought some 86 struts converted to coilvoers (no springs, shocks or camber tops), with hubs, jap calipers/discs etc! for $250! right place right time i guess.

Edited by ke70dave

T18 strut tops are different to AE86 and KE70. T18/TE72 ones are an equilateral triangle and AE86 ones are kind of like a triangle but one stud is out to the side more, if you want some camber tops give Techno toy tuning a message as there are 2 different sized equatorial triangle between the early and late model T18's/TE72's.