Stroker K Motor

hey guys, has anyone ever looked into a y motor crank into a k motor to possibly stroke it ??

they look identical to a k motor even dizzy is frigging identical

they range from a 1.8lt to 2.4lts.

i have a 5k motor here in pieces and have found a 2y and a 4y with blown hgs so I'm gonna take a look into it

Members dont see this ad

This is relevant to my interests.. !! Let me know how this goes if you end up stroking it.

would love to see someone make a 'time bomb' 5k aswell, by efi'ing and putting a T04z or similar stupidity on the motor and seeing how long it lasts before it goes bang! LOL

Well i've bin tinkering with the idea for about 2 years and just recently sold my hilux that run a 2y motor and the amount of parts that would be interchangeable

between the motors is honestly nuts. The electronic dizzy from the 2y dropped straight into a 5k I had sitting here and when I turned the motor over the dizzy spun and so did the oil pump. I know i'm going to run into heaps of clearance issues but with lathes, milling machines and what not at my disposal i'm sure I can make a crank fit, then it's just rods and what not. Hell imagine a 2.3l k motor running twin sideys and extractors, would be a torque monster and sound off tapp at full noise. Then as u guys said drop a decent sized turbo and injection on it and the real possibilities open up. Can any say 300hp k motor? But yeah it's just a very faint dream that I hope I can do and if I somehow manage to pull something amazing out my ass you guys will be first to see it.

yep ok il round up the three cranks 2y 1.8, 3y 2lt, 4y 2.4lt, and get to playing.

first things first make sure the bore spacing is close enough to an can make shit work man i hope it can be done.

would be awesome to pull up at the track have the old k motor lumping away then just floor it and snakey down the road.

hell a 2.4lt k motor with twin carbs would destroy a 4age imagine the look on there faces when u pop the bonnet and they realise they got smoked out by a k motor haha.

Sorry to deflate your bubble but you won't get the 2.4lt from a K block, unless it was bored out to about 91mm.

Have a bad idea the4Y crank will not fit the K block unless its the 7K and then you'll be under-stroking the motor.

4Y crank in the 2T and using 89mm pistons will give 2.1lt.