November 1, 200520 yr comment_80652 Hey guys...My corolla just got a whole heap faster, and (unfortunately) a SHITLOAD louder, as YLD TOY will no doubt report. My SC is FINALLY on, and currently only running 4psi...due to my pulley being too small....this is being fixed up soon, along with my dodgy top bracket for the SC...but all that aside...it is fast, like really fast for 4psi...I am running a Saab Stromberg carby, which was recommended by a VERY knowledgable friend of mine...and let me say...these carby's ROCK!!! I literally got it sent to me in a box....bolted it on...and the car started...I will take pics soon...next I need new extractors (mine are split) and then some decent spark plugs...a bigger pulley and then a good dyno tune. My car had 54hp@wheels before the SC...so I am hoping it will have at least 100 after...and that is plenty enough for me for now :D Enough to piss some people off anyway...I just wish I had a sleeper now, because that is so much more fun. I just love the surging feeling as the SC boosts harder and harder as the revs build....even in 5th gear it just keeps pulling and wants to go faster and faster!!!! I love it Report
November 1, 200520 yr comment_80669 what engine is this on? if it's a K engine, how did you mount the blower and what are you using for a pulley? using a turbo saab carby, very good idea, i'd never thought of that :D you know everyone is going to ask for pics :D Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_80719 its on a stock 5K, the charger is mounted on brackets where the aircon pump would be. Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_80766 Can we all have a look see at the meeting on Monday night? Report
November 2, 200520 yr Author comment_80797 Thanks Xany...yeah as he said...it's a dead standard 5K. The good thing is that it has under 100K kilometres on it since new. I don't know what the pulley that I have is off, I bought a car a long time ago with this setup on it, however it had an XE falcon weber mounted on the SC...I am using a VL Air con (I think) pulley soon, and the last time one of these was used on a 5K it ran 10psi. The same guy that suggested the Saab carby made me a pipe up that runs from the SC inlet across the top and down with the carby bolted to that....he is a bit concerned about it's length, but the throttle lag is minimal...so it seems ok. Ideally he wants to flip the SC over and make new brackets so the inlet is on the correct side...Maybe next time hehe Pics are coming very soon. The guy who made my pipe made custom EFI on a 5K in a KE70 with this same SC...and it ran 125hp @wheels on 10 psi, so mine should make 100. My top bracket is really dodgy...and it is mounted like an altenator in that you swing off the SC for belt tension...so when I get the new pulley I am getting a new top bracket made so the SC is solid mounted and getting an idler pulley. And yes everyone can have a look see at the meeting...If it is on the road...I need new spark plugs, I have been told to get the Iridium ones, which are $18 each...so I have to pay some bills first :D Report
November 2, 200520 yr Author comment_80802 Too true, my current plugs are dead in 3 days...it is also over fuelling a bit...I think that is the main problem. The guy who did my pipe...had a supercharged ford ute...he was using new plugs every 2 weeks, got some iridium ones, and they are still the same plugs from a year and a half ago. Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_80814 Nice work son!!! Guess what... this thread just got my :D of approval! Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_80820 Nice work rolla boy I'm keen to have a look. why don't you come and see me in fyshwick i will fix you up with some plugs. Whiterolla Report
November 2, 200520 yr Author comment_80825 YAY Toyota are going to sponsor me with free plugs:D Will post more pics when I wash the engine bay again Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_80829 is it an electronic dizzy? doesn't look like it from the coil. you are only running 4 pounds of boost. to me it doesn't sound like it would be blowing out the spark real easy. not running to rich and fouling plugs? Report
November 2, 200520 yr Author comment_80830 Thanks Tiger...Glad to have your "paw" seal of approval :D Yes it's electronic, and I said I think it is fouling the plugs as it is over fuelling a bit. Will sort it all out soon, it has only been on the road 3 days. Apparently the Iridium ones burn hotter or something and burn more fuel and stay cleaner Report
November 3, 200520 yr comment_80865 "CHa Ching".............. GREAT STUFF................ VIDEOS............! :D Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now