Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4 Speed Shifter In 5 Speed Box?

Featured Replies

hey guys just picked up a 5 speed box for my ke55 but has no shifter does anyone know if the shifter from the old 4 speed box will fit in? the 5 speed is also from a ke55 i was told thanks

give it a try, i would imagine it should

i'M 99.9% sure that the shifters don't interchange between 4spd and 5spd. lockouts for reverse are different, and something else.

 

I believe you can use a shifter from a t-50 on the k50 if that helps

Hey mate

4 speed shifter definiteyl doe NOT fit - the plate that attaches the shifter to the box is a different size and the holes don't line up - a plate doesn't work either cos it throws off the "throw" on the shift.

I've also read somewhere that there are a few different K50 levers as well... so you'll need to find one off the type of car you got your box from... good luck

D

well theres something i didnt know :)

i'M 99.9% sure that the shifters don't interchange between 4spd and 5spd. lockouts for reverse are different, and something else.

 

I believe you can use a shifter from a t-50 on the k50 if that helps

 

i am under the impression that the above is correct.

 

which means you can buy a short shifter for a t50 (reasonably readily available), and put it in your k50 :wink:

Hmm that's an interesting option the T50 thing.

 

There are two K50 boxes, can we confirm they are the same shifter between them (ke70 5 speed and KE55 5 speed)

 

I've got my ke55 k50 out at the moment and I have a ke70 one aswell I'll check this arvo when I get home.

 

Stu.

I've got my ke55 k50 out at the moment and I have a ke70 one aswell I'll check this arvo when I get home.

 

Stu.

Just checked the ke-55 shifter in the ke-70 extension housing and it's no go!!!!

The ksev shifter plate is shorter front to back. can't take a photo either tonight as the lights in the shed just died.

 

Stu.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.