4 Speed Shifter In 5 Speed Box?

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate

4 speed shifter definiteyl doe NOT fit - the plate that attaches the shifter to the box is a different size and the holes don't line up - a plate doesn't work either cos it throws off the "throw" on the shift.

I've also read somewhere that there are a few different K50 levers as well... so you'll need to find one off the type of car you got your box from... good luck

D

i'M 99.9% sure that the shifters don't interchange between 4spd and 5spd. lockouts for reverse are different, and something else.

I believe you can use a shifter from a t-50 on the k50 if that helps

i am under the impression that the above is correct.

which means you can buy a short shifter for a t50 (reasonably readily available), and put it in your k50 :wink:

Hmm that's an interesting option the T50 thing.

There are two K50 boxes, can we confirm they are the same shifter between them (ke70 5 speed and KE55 5 speed)

I've got my ke55 k50 out at the moment and I have a ke70 one aswell I'll check this arvo when I get home.

Stu.

I've got my ke55 k50 out at the moment and I have a ke70 one aswell I'll check this arvo when I get home.

Stu.

Just checked the ke-55 shifter in the ke-70 extension housing and it's no go!!!!

The ksev shifter plate is shorter front to back. can't take a photo either tonight as the lights in the shed just died.

Stu.