June 21, 201115 yr comment_534119 Hey guys I been trying to find a paint code on my ke11 but it seems they don't exist.. Mine is the original off white colour they come in but have had no luck finding a code.. And after racking the brains of many paint shops they tell me the only option is to get it colour matched by eye.. The only label attatched to the car say it's a dulon white lusterlife white acrylic enamel with no code... Has anyone had any luck finding the original code or to I bite the bullet and hope that the painter is a good colour marcher as I want the car to look as original in colour as possible Report
June 22, 201115 yr comment_534258 They're full of shit. Ring autoparts4u on Darra avenue and QLD, They have the paint codes for old Corolla's. Report
June 22, 201115 yr comment_534294 http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/aclchip.aspx?image=1969-toyota-pg01.jpg Report
June 23, 201115 yr Author comment_534455 Now to determine which one is my cars colour :( from having nothing to now having so many to narrow it down too... Thanks parrot Report
June 23, 201115 yr comment_534578 Brian Cohen: "There's just no pleasing some people" Leper: "That's just what Jesus said sir!" I can tell you that KE15's were available in the following colours Pan White Colour No. 1506-2 Helios Red Colour No. 1507-2 Selene Yellow Colour No. 1502-2 Tantalus Green Colour No. 1508-2 Neptune Turquoise Colour No. 1353-2 I am willing to bet a small amount of money that Pan White is the colour you need. This colour was still available in 1969. The Colour No's quoted are the Toyota numbers. Good luck! Report
June 23, 201115 yr comment_534621 Note, that applies to KE15's. Quite possible other colours were available in other models. i.e. Beige Edit: I should add, that info comes direct from a Toyota KE15 parts book so definitely accurate for that model. Edited June 23, 201115 yr by parrot Report
June 23, 201115 yr comment_534645 As you know most KE10/11's were built by AMI using some local content, this probably included using local paint colours. Might not show up in jap or US colour listings. Report
June 23, 201115 yr comment_534661 Yes, that is a very good point! The KE15's were all fully imported. Might need to go to a specialist automotive paint store and look through their catalogues perhaps Report
June 30, 201115 yr Author comment_536321 True as you are... I narrowed it down and found my colour seems the later ke11s in off white (Australian spec) were painted in a colour called sirrius white with the paint code being T-1391 which seems to be an exact match for my colour.. Was mixed up by a de beers mixing system and seems to be spot on as I got 100ml mixed up to do some spot touch ups to see how close it was and can't tell where the spot touch ups were done so I'm happy and now have my colour for when I get ready to spray the car up.. Report
October 21, 201114 yr comment_561781 Just for completeness, I'll link this in here http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/55583-ke1x-paint-codes/page__p__561759__hl__%2Bpaint+%2Bcodes__fromsearch__1#entry561759 Report
November 21, 20169 yr comment_707202 With great fear of the wrath of the forum admin; we've (our company - Toyota Heritage) been doing a heap of research into AMI paint codes and colours, and the artwork of the decals that carried the information. We have done our research across a vast number of sources including former AMI employees, and the additional AMI assembled brands of Rambler and Triumph. What I can categorically say is just when you think its all 100% correct you will find yet another anomaly. For example the above mentioned Desert Beige - appears on a handful of AMI colour charts sporadically through out the years...but is probably the most constant colour, with slight changes to the mix, throughout nearly the whole time AMI assembled Toyota vehicles. We have also found that if a colour was 'available' in a certain year that it was essentially available for the years after due to painted bodies that carried forward into the subsequent year, and where demand was still strong. Before bursting into print - please remember I am initially talking broadly about AMI colours here. We have noticed that the arguments for Toyota colours are the most consistent though. We have come across Sirius White in our research...but not via Toyota sources!! Our current range of decals supporting the 1967-68 build years can be found here: http://www.toyotaheritage.com/index.php/shop/category/97-decals-ext#.WDJKgvl96Uk Please note am putting this in the thread for mutual benefit. We hope to get a pic of each colour applied to a vehicle to assist owners identifying their car's colour. The range will expand to subsequent years, colours and the various decal artwork designs. Keep watching for more! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now