5Kc Solid Lifter Conversion

Jono.C

sorry to throw a spanner inthe works.

5k D dished / 4k head < head 6mm higher / 202 solids / a12 push rods / 4k rocker gear (adjustable) < ok i understand

5k flat top / 5k head / head std height / < CONFUSED what do i use. would the 6mm from the head effect this?

how do i compendsate this. also please take note id like to use a 4k reground cam thanks can any one help?

thanks...........

5k flat top and 4k flat top are the same.... the 202 lifters and the a12 pushrods are the go but you'll need a 4k cam or have yours reground to suit solid lifters.

I've got a 5k flat top with a 4k head. 5k cam reground to a Tighe 104 to suit solids, 202 lifters, a12 pushrods and 4k rocker gear. It works. The rocker to valve clearance changed with the cam from .024" intake & .026" exaust to 0.012" intake & 0.014" exaust.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Got some interesting pics here for you guys.

On the left is a std 4K solid lifter and 4K flat top piston Pushrod. On the right is a completely gutted 5K hydro lifter and 4K flat top piston push rod.

30072011220.jpg

Same thing, but the 5K hydro has had the top with the pushrod cup dropped into the bottom. = 3mm more height over the std 4K items.

30072011219.jpg

Physical difference in size. 5K hydro on the right.

30072011221.jpg