Ke30, Sr20 Sleeper Build. New Pics...

stealth20b

hey stealth20b

sorry to be a pain. but I'm interested in putting a sr20 in my ke30 2 door

and just wondering what mods you had to do to make it fit ??

thanks for you time

il be going through this in a weeks time so just watch the thread, no neccesary firewall or tunnel mods required except for the shifter hole, ive been told.

cut off the standard mounts from the crossmember but keep the ones that attach to the standard engine as these will be rewelded onto the cross member on a different angle.

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys wife has just had our baby a weekago so back into the rolla now, starting to slowly pull the motor out of the 200sx removing stuff from the engine not needed, ie power steer pump and A/C, making sure not to damage parts as i remove them also and labeling everything, wires and bolts.

should be removed by the end of the week and dummied up so il put pics up then.

progress for the week was the sr20det and auto were removed from my s15 and once out i had removed the standard rubber mounts and replaced them with nolathane units as these are smaller, cleaner and sturdier than originals.

I only just positioned the motor in the bay of the ke about 30 minutes ago, and left it hanging until tomorrow, where il get it all centred up and in position for the mounts to be positioned to the bay cross member and then make the gearbox crossmember, this is my plan for the week and to be sure everything fits up nice and clears, ie steering etc, and measure up for a suitable radiator and figure out some wiring then remove and start preping bay for paint and refit.

will keep you's posted as i progress, here's some pics, enjoy.

post-13775-0-65657800-1321702154_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-60013100-1321702176_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-77580700-1321702203_thumb.jpg

It’s good to see another quality build coming together, I can see that you have put a lot of forethought and planning into this conversion and I can see this car being on the road one day soon.

There are far too many slap together unfinished projects that never get finished due to poor planning, no money / lose of interest or its out of there mechanical / electrical ability.

Keep up the excellent work and keep the progress reports / pictures coming. :y:

It’s good to see another quality build coming together, I can see that you have put a lot of forethought and planning into this conversion and I can see this car being on the road one day soon.

There are far too many slap together unfinished projects that never get finished due to poor planning, no money / lose of interest or its out of there mechanical / electrical ability.

Keep up the excellent work and keep the progress reports / pictures coming. :y:

Thanks, yeh trying to think of all the planning ahead of the project does help alot, am hoping very soon to be driving it too.

Money is drying up too, have to many projects atm, the motor thats going into the ke30 is from my S15 which I'm putting another motor into,a years worth of planning for that car...

UPDATE:

I have the engine mounts tacked into position, final welding when the engine is out.

I had some small sectioning in the tunnel for some clearance for the auto which leaves about an inch of clearance around the box, I will need a flexable dipstick for the auto as its very tight and the standard one hits the body.

The fuel lines and brake lines will be run under the car as i need all the room in the tunnel clear for the auto, a protective sheild will be made so the lines don't get damaged.

I'm gonna see if i can run the standard shifter if not i will need a B&M Pro Ratchet. :yes:

The gearbox mount is all made and looks awesome, just need to grind down some welds and drill 4 holes and its done.

I have the bay all mocked up and am needing to find a new radiator to run,(any suggestions) was going to try run the S15 radiator but its too tall, and have to modify the snout to the thermostat on the engine.

Purchace my itercooler pipes and black silicon joiners today, x2 3 inch, and x2 reducers, a 3 into 2.5inch and a 2.5 into 2inch.

In total the intercooler pipes will be about 60 - 70cm long so this means i will have less lag and will be up on boost quicker/more responsive, standard 200sx intercooler pipes are about 1.5metres long, you see the difference.

Pics at the end of the week, thanks for following and responses.

• 1 month later...

sorry for being slack guys, been busy with alot going on, just trying to find ra60 struts if anyone can help.

will have a big update this weekend with pics as I'm giving myself 2 months to finish the rolla, nearly ready to paint the bay..... stay tunned...... :yes:

I found a set of ra60 struts and corona st142 which are the same I'm lead to believe...after doing some research wich wil fit the hubs from a toyota cressida, they share the same bearings, I'm yet to fit them as i was gonna do this in the period between il be leaving the hifil to dry for a few weeks befoor paint, this is so i don't get sink back in the paint.

The last few weeks have been me planing the rest of the build, going over what needs to be done and chasing parts as well as planning my fuel system. just as i think I'm getting closer my list get longer, but il get it done.

So my progress so far is that imanaged to make the s15 radiator fit after thinking it wouldnt, and made some nice brackets to hold it in place, my cooler pipes are done just need polishing to finish them up.

Everything was bolted in place to make sure clearances were fine and that the bonnet closed and then all pulled back out. all that remains is to fit the oil cooler for the auto but that can be done once painted.

I finished the grinding down the welds that remained in the bay and patched up a spot of rust that was cut out of the radiator support, started smothing out the bay a bit with body filler and preping the little things that wil be painted so its ready to be hi-filed on thursday....

I was gonna upload some pics but il leave you all in suspense for week so i can have a fe pics too show evryone.

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

hey all because of the strom yesterday i didnt turnn the comp on so here are the pics now, enjoy....

post-13775-0-79484700-1329721112_thumb.jpg

the bay in primer, just about to get put in hifil.

post-13775-0-11719500-1329721376_thumb.jpg

gearbox crossmember, top and bottom radiator mounts to fit the s15 radiator.

post-13775-0-15629600-1329721520_thumb.jpg

air box, hinges, radiator support and bits and peices in hifil.

post-13775-0-32036900-1329721616_thumb.jpg

hifil and guide coat.

post-13775-0-32988700-1329721777_thumb.jpg

in the booth awainting colour.

post-13775-0-29731900-1329721879_thumb.jpg

its the cars standard colour but it looks awsome when fresh.

post-13775-0-96598200-1329721920_thumb.jpg

just after the 5th coat.....finally.....

post-13775-0-83125300-1329722006_thumb.jpg

the fuel system all done in the boot, just a few things like wiring and return from motor to be hooked up.

post-13775-0-73766700-1329722035_thumb.jpg

Carter pre pump mounted under car, just wiring and conect the feed from the tank and all done here, will be running the hard line under the car this week.

Also changed the all the front bushes with nolethanes and have the ones for the rear, i just need to fit them.

will keep posted......stay tunned...... the end is near......lol.

Edited by stealth20b