Ke30, Sr20 Sleeper Build. New Pics...

stealth20b

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be able to fit a trust winged sump on the SR between the crossmember and sway bar

Always handy having that 5L of oil in there

At the moment i want to get everything in, mounted and running, as i don't have alot to spend atm as my wife and i are expecting another child in 3 months so maybee down the track when i start modifing the sr20 for more power, etc.

deffinately would fit though...

At the moment i want to get everything in, mounted and running, as i don't have alot to spend atm as my wife and i are expecting another child in 3 months so maybee down the track when i start modifing the sr20 for more power, etc.

deffinately would fit though...

congrats on the child and yes the sump will fit, always good to have an oil cooler also

it will fit i have both on mine so give it some thought

been busy with time consuming spot welding the bay, its now fully seam welded, holes filled except 4 more that i have to decide on yet and firewall semi-recesed/smoothed, some finshing touches with the welder and then ti gind them down, will post pic wen done and in primer.

Sounds like its coming along nicely steve, keep up the good work mate and keep the pics coming, everyone likes to see progress pics :dance:

ok Mick, coz you asked nicley, lol

heres my progress to now, got a few more welds to do then start grinding them down.

post-13775-0-00089700-1312542731_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-83078400-1312542745_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-39368200-1312542763_thumb.jpg

Nice work man, going to a fair bit of effort for the old girl.

Not sure whats to be gained by the minor firewall mod? but anyways carry on!

Edit: Was just thinking, if you are going to this length, you may want to remove the seal along the back of the bonnet, and weld up its holes and the seam under it. Nearly forgot about mine, cos its not quite in the engine bay.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

its originally an auto and gonna be auto as thats what my sr20 has behind it.

Nice work man, going to a fair bit of effort for the old girl.

Not sure whats to be gained by the minor firewall mod? but anyways carry on!

Edit: Was just thinking, if you are going to this length, you may want to remove the seal along the back of the bonnet, and weld up its holes and the seam under it. Nearly forgot about mine, cos its not quite in the engine bay.

I'm only painting the bay and where the holes are is where I'm stoping the paint so i wont weld them as i still might run that strip and where the top of the fire wall jions the the lower half isnt sean welded.

the firewall mod was originally done by another member who told me that by doing it you can get the motor back just that little bit more and have clearence for the heater hoses as on the sr they come out the back of the motor and theres a little more room to play with.

its also what will make mine different to some of the others and shows the effort I'm willing to go to.

I welded up the heater hose holes in the firewall and re-drilled them on the other side of the motor, hidden under the inlet manifold.

The heater pipes are quite easy to re-route under the dash to the new location.

This removes the need to run heater pipes behind the engine taking up valueable space.

Looks like you've already welded up the heater holes anyways, same idea?

keep the updates coming :y:

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

I welded up the heater hose holes in the firewall and re-drilled them on the other side of the motor, hidden under the inlet manifold.

The heater pipes are quite easy to re-route under the dash to the new location.

This removes the need to run heater pipes behind the engine taking up valueable space.

Looks like you've already welded up the heater holes anyways, same idea?

keep the updates coming :y:

yeh il wait til the motor goes in before paint to figure out the heater hoses but definatelly will be relocated, i do want the space behind so i can get the motor back as far as i can for better weight distribution.

yeh il wait til the motor goes in before paint to figure out the heater hoses but definatelly will be relocated, i do want the space behind so i can get the motor back as far as i can for better weight distribution.

updates coming this week with pics, progressing slowly.

hey all sorry about the delay but after work i work on the car and spend some time with the family and the days repeat so i have been busy and hadnt had time to upload pics but heres a few teasers, rest up at the end of the week.

i have bought my intercooler and mounted it by modifing the radiator support pannel by cutting it away and then rebracing it with 6.5mm solid round bar around where i have cut each side, brackets have also been made but need to be welded once i figure out how I'm gonna mount the radiator.

I also have bought my diff mounts can't remember if i meantioned it before, these have been final welded on (today) and have there side bracing done, i just have to smooth out the welds and grind away the old ones and the diff is off to powder coat, i have pulled the axles and centre out of my other diff that i was using the innards for the modified housing, it has 4.11 diff gears in it, :yes: once the drums are stripped from the axles they will be sent off to be shortened.

I was gonna change the colour of the cars engine bay to the ford vixen red as its a bolder colour but being that I'm only gonna paint the bay i decided that toyotas AB colour coice would look nicer especially as its gonna be fresh, so i have purchased all the primer, hardner and paint so as soon as I'm ready and done there will be colour....

As ive meantioned in the start that i was trying to do it in the 3-4 months, well its getting coser to 2 months in the build now and I'm thinking i need at least another 2 but our baby is due in 10 weeks and trying to finalise stuff for the baby and the car is tuff, so i hope to haeit done or close to done in 8 weeks.... i hope, hanging to drive this beast.

i have dummied up my front apron and grill seein the intecooler and how it fits and looks, sleeper....

the washer bottle relocated, also the horns, i started making my air box for my pod filter behind the headlight with extra metal cut out of the radiator support to get some air from behind the grill into the box which also has a peice bent to duct the air in.

your feedback and comments keep me going guys so don't hesitate, definately more update pics at the end of the week. :wink:

post-13775-0-44197100-1313936078_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-05809600-1313936096_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-77302500-1313936111_thumb.jpg

looks good! optomistic timetable, hopefully you get there though, once the baby comes time will be hard to find. :y:

yep when the baby comes it will be 2 kids under 17 months and our 14 month old daughter is a handfull now so when theres 2 theres definately gonna be no time, i do have some comitments coming up that will eat up my weekends and funds so providing the moneys still there I'm gunning for 8 weeks of working on it after work, if i don't make it well i know i tried with the little time i had....

may as well update now,

i was working on my alloy airbox I'm making and hinging the lid for it,

i also stiped the drums off the axles as they were seized on abit, and totally stripped the guts( shoes etc ) off one backing plate.

i replaced the factory horns with new smaller motorbike horns which are still 110db horns and re located them once again, much happier with them now.