Ke30/55 Head Light Options

newjak

Members dont see this ad

the ones you got in it now are sealed units, what you want is semi sealed (witch you can remove the globe)

go 35w 5000k hids for $50

or man up and go 55w for $70

or stay legal and go Phillips globes

(lights are on ebay for cheap, search 7" headlights)

Go to the wreckers, have a look at the various 4 wheel drives, and take a matched set of 7 inch H4's. Koito, Hella, Cibie whatever. Obviously make sure they are not rusted or sandblasted.

Beef up your wiring and add a relay close by and stick some decent wattage globes in.

I put a set of Narva H4s (like $50 each from autobarn) and whatever the brightest legal globes where into my KE55 and it was 10x better. It still seemed half the strength of anything brand new though, but you could really notice the difference.

If it is like a KE70 or a Landcruiser then it earths the lights back through the dipswitch, an abysmal idea that leads to pathetic lights!

You need to fit a relay that switches power from the battery straight to the headlight bulbs and back through a seconds relay. Not hard to do, I did a mate's Landcruiser last weekend.

third post down-

http://www.rollaclub...__1#entry445727

Edited by altezzaclub