Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Check This Out - Brand New Old Corolla'S Rediscovered.

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

I stumbled across this, I think you'll enjoy:

 

lonely but brand new E20 Toyota Corollas showing only 38km on their odometers, abandoned

http://japanesenosta...one/#more-16194

P.S: I did some searching around on the net for a trip I planned eariler this year, and you can import cars from cypruss, I think its around 2k or 3k landed.

Imagine a fully restored example with 38km's on the clock, that would be worth a overrated.

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Those f@$kin Turkeys.... >|

I've seen this floating around before...would love one but... :)

 

Edit: If you're going there, you'd better be packin heat! :lol:

Edited by carbonboy

  • Author

It reminds me of this classic portugal barn find:

 

A New York man retired. He wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it would last, and decided to buy a home and a few acres in Portugal. The modest farmhouse had been vacant for 15 years; the owner and wife both had died, and there were no heirs. The house was sold to pay taxes.

 

There had been several lookers, but the large barn had steel doors, and they had been welded shut. Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to see what was in the barn, and it wasn't complimentary to the property anyway... so, nobody made an offer on the place. The NY guy bought it at just over half of the property's worth; moved in, and set about to tear in to the barn - curiosity was killing him. So, he and his wife bought a generator and a couple of grinders... and cut thru the welds.

 

http://www.intuh.net...finds/afa70.htm

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/news/2709-portuguese-barn-find-fact-or-fiction <-- Is it an urban myth

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

There was doco on Cyprus a few weeks ago and this issue was part of that doco. That place has been in and out of civil war since the 70's and has been overrun and occupied since the dawn of man. The UN created the demilitarized zone which separated two sides of the country. Some loved the Greek's and some loved the Turkey's so they killed each other over who should run the country for years. Until in 2008 the zone was removed.

There is no telling how old the pictures are that are circulating. But i'd find it highly unlikely those cars are still there after all the publicity they've recently recieved.

we need to put toghether a team of elite rollaclub members to retreive these precious gems :fuzz:

The things I would do for a shed that size!! and I'm not greedy, I would only keep say 31- because no-one wants to drive a car more than once a month :P

Sorry, Portuguese barn find is a myth.

 

Old Cars Weekly just tracked down the story behind the story, and the real explanation is almost as good as the hoax. What we are actually seeing in those pictures is the collection of an automobile dealer who over the years has added many vehicles that caught his fancy. He just drove them to the barn and parked them there, presumably waiting until he decided what to do with the lot of them next. About a year ago he sent in a photographer to document the collection, and those pics are the ones circulating the internet, helping to create and sustain this myth. So now you know the truth behind the Great Portugal Barn Find, and you all can stop sending us tips to cover it. Okay?

 

However, I recently had the privilege recently of seeing the Jaguar Heritage warehouse. This is where they store all their notable cars that are not (and some never will be) on display. It was a lot like that barn, just cleaner. :)

  • Author

Where is the Jaguar Heritage warehouse? your one lucky man :) Did you take any pics of the cars we will never see?

 

I remember when I was 16 I found a 1957 jaguar mark 2 in an old antiques shop up near Toowoomba, it was covered in dust and had crap all over it, I wanted that to be my first car, then I remembered Jags are renowned for being unreliable and parts are scarce ... so I did the next best thing a bought a GP Turbo ... which was also renowned for being unreliable, and don't even mention parts lol ...

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Hey, I was raised in Cyprus, got a pad there that can house a couple of RollaClubbers.. Someone willing to join me for a little border walk? :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.