July 29, 201115 yr comment_543224 Hey guys, Will soon have a 4AGZE big port manifold sitting here. Wonder if anyone's fecked around to get something like a 32/36 fitted to one? Would be the easiest and cheapest way to get a 4age running in something like a KE. No expensive weber sideys or fuel systems to worry about. Food for thought? Report
July 29, 201115 yr comment_543229 I've personally never heard of anything of the sort. That doesn't mean it isn't a smashing idea. Best bet would be to kick off with 4ag-e intake manifold and get a template to suit the port design. Then get a k to webber adapter plate and design the runners and plennum. Would be far out! 4/2/13 I'm a monghead... Edited February 4, 201313 yr by GJM85 Report
July 29, 201115 yr Author comment_543234 Here's a 4agze intake mani. Steel plate drilled to suit the flange on the manifold and in the center have the cutouts and tapped holes in the pattern for a weber. Will take it to work and have a play with it. Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_646101 Be a pionneer ;) I can't see it not working. though i dunno about having the number 1 runner almost twice as long as the number 4 one. That can't be good for carbys? Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_646120 Despite my usual hatred for anything non-efi, I've actually been looking into this recently. The main concern I've come across is if a 32/36 is big enough (even with larger jets) to support a 4AGE beyond standard. So far the answer has been a somewhat fuzzy 'should be', Slo030 was onto a good idea by using the GZE intake manifold as a base. The downside appears to be the runner lengths as Dave mentioned. Edited February 4, 201313 yr by carbonboy Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_646123 32/36's are made for a 1.6 - 2.0L engine so with proper jetting it should be fine. Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_646138 I don't believe the runner length would affect it much at all really. It's not a large difference. Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_646175 I might have to be a pioneer ;) I'm waiting for a reply on a purpose built 32 26/38 38 manifold. If its a no go, i'll give this a shot and post some pics up along with any issues i have with it... I don't think the runners will be a major issue, but i think the performance capabilities will be somewhat limited by the rough intake path of the mixture though. I am only considering this option due to a lack of money and i've heard the old 'save your pennies and go efi' but if this can be done cheaply, i really can't go past making a 4age run for now while i get some cash for some twin sidedrafts... Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_646180 i really can't go past making a 4age run for now while i get some cash for somebike quads! Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_646220 Actually the bike carbs would be great. I know a bloke with a set of R1 carbs and a handmade 4age Mani laying around too... Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_646222 I know a bloke with a set of R1 carbs and a handmade 4age Mani laying around too... Well worth a try f they are there. It is much easier to make straight inlets for side-draughts than the multi-arm one for a single down-draught. Even twin SUs would be easier to make a manifold for, but if you have the ZE manifold around you might as well use it. Report
February 5, 201313 yr comment_646261 If you arnt making huge power out of the engine, I don't think the runner's length would matter that much. You can easily, and cheaply make an adapter to adapt the carb to the manifold's bolt holes. I did this on my corolla because my CA legal carb kit was missing the adapter. The 6011 alum. I used was about 16$ shipped (enough for at least 2 tries). Take a look at my later pages of my build thread for more details. You can even do it with primitive tools with more time and creativity. Report
February 6, 201313 yr comment_646422 I don't think it will be a great deal of work at all I may not even need to make an adaptor, I'll just remove any of the old studs that have anything to do with the ZE set up, measure the surface that the 32 36 or 38 38 will be mounted to, ensure the carb can fit directly onto that surface, fill uneeded holes, drill and tap the holes to fit the weber and use a porting tool to remove sharp edges and allow for better flow towards the head... Also i will most likely run a hyperpak for the ignition, has anyone had any trouble with those? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now