32/36 On 4Age 16V

SLO-030

Hey guys,

Will soon have a 4AGZE big port manifold sitting here.

Wonder if anyone's fecked around to get something like a 32/36 fitted to one?

Would be the easiest and cheapest way to get a 4age running in something like a KE. No expensive weber sideys or fuel systems to worry about.

Food for thought?

Members dont see this ad

I've personally never heard of anything of the sort. That doesn't mean it isn't a smashing idea. Best bet would be to kick off with 4ag-e intake manifold and get a template to suit the port design. Then get a k to webber adapter plate and design the runners and plennum.

Would be far out! yes.gif

4/2/13

I'm a monghead...

Edited by GJM85

post-5493-0-39811500-1311944965_thumb.jpg

Here's a 4agze intake mani. Steel plate drilled to suit the flange on the manifold and in the center have the cutouts and tapped holes in the pattern for a weber.

Will take it to work and have a play with it.

• 1 year later...

Despite my usual hatred for anything non-efi, I've actually been looking into this recently. The main concern I've come across is if a 32/36 is big enough (even with larger jets) to support a 4AGE beyond standard. So far the answer has been a somewhat fuzzy 'should be', Slo030 was onto a good idea by using the GZE intake manifold as a base. The downside appears to be the runner lengths as Dave mentioned.

Edited by carbonboy

I might have to be a pioneer ;) I'm waiting for a reply on a purpose built 32 26/38 38 manifold.

If its a no go, i'll give this a shot and post some pics up along with any issues i have with it...

I don't think the runners will be a major issue, but i think the performance capabilities will be somewhat limited by the rough intake path of the mixture though.

I am only considering this option due to a lack of money and i've heard the old 'save your pennies and go efi' but if this can be done cheaply,

i really can't go past making a 4age run for now while i get some cash for some twin sidedrafts...

I know a bloke with a set of R1 carbs and a handmade 4age Mani laying around too...

Well worth a try f they are there.

It is much easier to make straight inlets for side-draughts than the multi-arm one for a single down-draught. Even twin SUs would be easier to make a manifold for, but if you have the ZE manifold around you might as well use it.

If you arnt making huge power out of the engine, I don't think the runner's length would matter that much. You can easily, and cheaply make an adapter to adapt the carb to the manifold's bolt holes. I did this on my corolla because my CA legal carb kit was missing the adapter. The 6011 alum. I used was about 16$ shipped (enough for at least 2 tries). Take a look at my later pages of my build thread for more details. You can even do it with primitive tools with more time and creativity.

I don't think it will be a great deal of work at all I may not even need to make an adaptor, I'll just remove any of the old studs that have anything to do with the ZE set up, measure the surface that the 32 36 or 38 38 will be mounted to, ensure the carb can fit directly onto that surface, fill uneeded holes, drill and tap the holes to fit the weber and use a porting tool to remove sharp edges and allow for better flow towards the head... Also i will most likely run a hyperpak for the ignition, has anyone had any trouble with those?