1974 Ke30 2Door Street Racer

KE ping it real

U should try and keep the standard electonic dizzy set up on the 7K Andrew, alot of guys put electronic dizzy onto their K series motors. I'm sure Kev or Justin could piont you in the right direction in regards to wiring which wouldnt be that hard. Just a thought, i would try and keep the standard 7k accessories if possible.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So everything is set up, thermofan in and working well, engine starts and idles, has great oil pressure but the timing wont advance like it should, I'm spewing, its the only thing holding me back

anyway here is a few more progress shots ill be more excited when i can actually drive it and see how she goes!!

post-5456-0-89797400-1336341232_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-41203100-1336341248_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-77719700-1336341263_thumb.jpg

Righto, got the timing mostly sorted now and actually got to take her for a drive

I am so impressed with the power upgrade of this engine!!! Such a massive improvement over the 4k, so much more torque and power its awesome!!!

For such a reasonably easy conversion i would do this again 10 times over a 5k conversion

Even on the shit tune, shitty coil (i have another one to go on now) and jetting needing to be done it went so hard compared to what it used to

Even my mate who has an LX Torrie with a LSX engine in it was impressed with the power

Will get stuck into the tune next weekend and should be back on the road, I highly reccomend this as an upgrade to anyone wanting nothing to taxing with mods, who still wants to keep the older style engine but wants more power

A couple of photos with the new air pods on the ram tubes

Ill try to post a vid up nextime

post-5456-0-88546400-1336886753_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-40091600-1336886784_thumb.jpg

Just thought i would post a few of these up, they are from last year and were taken for mens health magazine, but didnt make the cut

They wanted photos of me and my hobby but didnt end up getting used but some nice photos of the car

They are a few months old now but i just like the way the car comes up in them

post-5456-0-32283500-1336895890_thumb.jpg

post-5456-0-95125800-1336896041_thumb.jpg

Good on you Mate, pics look good and i like those ram tubes, if only you could leave them exposed with no filters they would look even better, but illegal not to mention bad for the motor.

Thanks Mick, I agree about the tubes however i can just carry some extra cable ties around with me so i can take them off at any shows HaHa

Next step after getting it all functional will be hiding all the wiring and tidying all the hoses up etc then down the track i may add some braided lines as well

All in good time though, I'm just happy its a few hours away from being back on the road