My Ae92 Build

dannyboy86

Those plastics will turn up, ninjastars look good when polished up I must say. Same thing with the centre caps they do come from time to time.

Depending how you go there are two possibilities for those bits.

1, Ebay member corollamania who has plenty of parts for ae92s

2, Rollaclub member Corollaparts69, I got my rear louvre off him, so he may be able to assist.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those plastics will turn up, ninjastars look good when polished up I must say. Same thing with the centre caps they do come from time to time.

Depending how you go there are two possibilities for those bits.

1, Ebay member corollamania who has plenty of parts for ae92s

2, Rollaclub member Corollaparts69, I got my rear louvre off him, so he may be able to assist.

Thanks for that, Ive contacts both of them just awaiting to see what they come up with.

Just a question with the digital clock that goes above the original tape deck.

I took the plastics off to install it thinking that it will have the wiring loom and plug for it but I can't seem to find it back there.

Do you know if they put the wiring in them for it but it was a optional extra and it was pretty much plug and play.

Is the plug back there and I haven't searched deeper or nothing if back there.

In regards to that clock what you may need to do is get a wiring loom off an RV or Ultima Seca and then simply connect it to the existing wiring down in the console area?. When I had my ae71 I installed the original tape deck but needed the wiring loom also. With a little fiddling around everything worked out fine as it was plug and play so I can't imagine any major issues for this, It will be a process of waiting for the loom to come up at the wreckers I think.

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to that clock what you may need to do is get a wiring loom off an RV or Ultima Seca and then simply connect it to the existing wiring down in the console area?. When I had my ae71 I installed the original tape deck but needed the wiring loom also. With a little fiddling around everything worked out fine as it was plug and play so I can't imagine any major issues for this, It will be a process of waiting for the loom to come up at the wreckers I think.

Awesome thanks for that, doesn't sound like its to much of a problem to do.

Progress with the rolla has been slow lately as I have been very sick lately and was unable to get out of bed for a week. So once I felt a little better I was out a pick and payless scavenging through cars and grabbed a few things. Replaced the rusted out muffler that was on it with one I pick up from pick n payless which looked brand new off a corolla in the yard.

I wasn't happy with the sx alloy wheels I got to put on the rolla. So I put the Levin alloy 14" wheels which I picked up for my car but never got around putting them on as yet.

Had them wrapped in Pirelli's and put them on the car and they look really nice on it.

post-10479-0-87255700-1319632553_thumb.jpg

Car is now blue and green slipped, just got to rego and I can let her loose on the road!

More pictures to come in the next few days.

Got the car registered yesterday and just finished up on a little things of the car.

Absolutely love driving this rolla, it like a little toy and I don't want to give it to my girlfriend :(

Took it to the local park today and took a few photos to show you guys the finished product!

post-10479-0-73807400-1319705018_thumb.jpg post-10479-0-27274800-1319705032_thumb.jpg post-10479-0-09156900-1319705046_thumb.jpg

Hope you guys like the finished product.

There is still a few things on the list to do, tinting and lower it a little.

• 2 weeks later...

More work has been happening on the rolla as there has been a problem with the engine.

Started making a tapping / rattle noise on start up and slowly has increased when driving it on hard acceleration.

Thought it could of been the tappets, on further investigating the noise in was lower down and was pretty sure it was the big end bearing.

Got the car up on stands and dropped the sump pan out of it and found the sump catch full of bits of the bearing

post-10479-0-93819400-1320660917_thumb.jpg

And whats left of the big end bearing.

post-10479-0-14387600-1320660940_thumb.jpg

Decided to make it into a keyring for a souvenir.

Left the car for now, need to check the conrods if there is any damage to them and then source some parts for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris for the comment.

Update with the rolla is back on the road and purring like a kitten

As I don't have the money for a 20v conversion I had to fix the corolla. The picture above showed the sump catch with a little metal in it, that was nothing compared to what was in the bottom of the sump pan. It had looked like someone had thrown a hand full of confetti in there which was all the metal shavings from the inner lining of the bearing.

In the end it was the big end bearing 1 & 2, 2 being the worse.

Picture soon once I get them of my mates phone.