Body Tar Remover???

MattyZ

Hey guys I'm in the process of stripping my celica back to bare metal and was wondering if there was a product to remove that underbody tar/rubber thats found in inner arches and underneath, wire wheel just clogs up and linisher just melts the tar and screws the disk.

any ideas? that can take the pain and time of it away.

Members dont see this ad

I have found that cos its so old, if you get a start on it, it mostly falls off. Your sillycar must have had a good life.

As reed mentioned, dry ice is the known cure, put it on the inside of the car and wait for it to have an effect underneath? Ive never tried that btw. The other option is a butter knife and a whole lot of persistance.

ohh its had a rough life has its fair share of rust probably more than most would consider salvagable but, i like a challenge and in the end it will all be worth it.

cheers for the ideas, ill have a play and what ever result works best or worst ill let you guys know.

keep the ideas flowin too people the more the merrier.

Heat gun (or hair dryer, same effect) and a bbq scraper for the big area's and flat blade screw drivers for the tight spots. Any flat balde utensil. That's we what used anyway, a heat gun is preferable because it gets hot fairly quickly, but just basically heat it till it starts to go soft or melt and it should just scrape of.