4Age 16V Starts Idles Then Floods Under Load

t18drifts

Members dont see this ad

fuel spark air

and getting it to work all together well.

is what you need to make an engine run.

by the sound of it you have ruled out spark.

fuel, if it runs, thats a good sign.

air, make sure air filter is clean.

now the complicated one, making it all run together.

ignition timing, and camshaft timing.

sort out all those, and it will run (assuming you arent missing any sensors)

yeah I'm sure its all there

yeah one thing i did forget to add was occasionly it will when trying to start stall and puffs of white smoke will come straight from the intake. but all the timing looks to be fine we had people check it

it have 2 filters on the to engine fuel line wouldnt have anything to do with it

also could someone give me a list of sensor i should check and how to check them with a multi meter

would be awsome

Edited by t18drifts

If you go here, you can download the engine diagnosis book which includes breakdowns of the various wiring systems. This has the various sensors and how to check them.

I gather you have a bitsa loom, so you are not going to be able to rely on following the diagnostic charts, but it may give you a clear path to follow.

The trap in your situation, is randomly swapping parts in and out expecting to fix the issue.

That is unlikely as these components rarely fail. The problem will be something basic like timing (dizzy set up incorrectly or cam timing), TPS not adjusted properly, or incorrect wiring. The way to trace your problem is to approach it systematically.

ok so we thought realy hard about whats happening took everything into account

ok so we looked at the spark plugs (THE NEW ONES ) after 5 minutes of running they were real black and very wet in the cylinders so its flooding and cuasing the car to stall when accelerating but when we ease on the throttle its fine but still can't drive under load the return fuel presure regulatar thing is working to there isnt excess pressure in the fuel rod thing

so could it be somthing to do with the spark

• 2 weeks later...

ok still not winning timing is perfect there is plenty of air its got a strong spark

the tps was checked/adjusted buy someone who new what they were doing he says it seems to be alright ...................................................................

the full regulator on the return side of the fuel rail works fine havent checked the pressure regulator dampener thing on the to engine side of fuel rail . also having the original ke70 fuel lines (the tiny ones ) cuz any issues like not getting all the excess fuel away from the injectors to the tank ................................... or could the tps still have something to do with it

no vacum leaks ect everthing else seems 100 percent :yes:

fire away matt.

Edited by t18drifts