August 9, 201115 yr comment_545497 HI all so ive been on here for a while religiously watching peoples progress on there ke projects.and finnaly decidded to add mine its a ke11 it had a 5k 5peed otherwise pretty standed unfortunately just before Christmas the diff blew so as i was replacing diff i decided to lower it as well. even more unfortunate i had major issues with the diff being a different drive shaft bolt pattern and so it sat in my garage for a while and to add to my bad luck my house went under in the floods taking the car with it. water receding after floods leaving it wet and muddy after i stripped the interior and water blasted it very strange feeling. so at this point I decided to rebuild it and do an engine conversion. I decided a 4age was apropriate and after following Davros project I new I could get it to fit. 5k and gear box pulled and water logged lowered stance slightly photo shoped of what i want it to look like 4age engine after buying the engine I gave to a mate to do a full rebuild The intention at first was just to do a standed 4age with standed computer but plans always change. I managed to buy a megasquirt comp so this made my decision to turbo it. With this new change of plan I decided to replace the internals with 4agze stuff but these were hard to come across, luckly I found a full 4agze engine so this went to my engine builder and is now in full rebuild but i will be using my bigport 4age head as this is allready rebuilt. engine prefit Edited August 9, 201115 yr by babyblueke11 Report
August 9, 201115 yr Author comment_545516 After the fitment of the engine I took to repainting the engine bay and interiour set up my own little spray booth in my garage paint came up not too bad pretty happy with it. Next step was setting up the brakes. Before Christmas I had purchased ke20 brakes and struts so i could add a little bit beter braking a make it sit lower, but these were a bit to small for what I wanted especially as i was putting in a 4agte I ended up going with ke55 brakes and girlock calipers these were completly rebuilt for me buy oldschool brake and clutch. next step was setting up the brake booster after talks with my engineer I was informed twin circuit was the way to go, this proved to be a massive headache and months of research to find one to fit. I finally found one at Oldshool brake at clutch. I had to slightly modify my firewall so it could sit back under the dash with no clearance issues with the plenum. unfortunatly have no more photos of this as its already set up in the car and can't be bothered to pull it out for a photo, Its an early Mazda one with a bigger bore size so I don't have to run a remote booster hopefully set up with clutch and remote resiviours. Report
August 9, 201115 yr Author comment_545520 tunnel all welded up to cover up old shifter holes sound deadner all chipped out ready to be paint striped then painted with por 15 Edited August 9, 201115 yr by babyblueke11 Report
August 9, 201115 yr Author comment_545529 sorry about a bit of a messy thread just trying to sort out the progress so far. Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_547528 Hi did you use ke20 struts with ke55 disc and caliper and what diff you going with I'm doing same conversion Report
August 19, 201115 yr Author comment_547606 I used ke10 struts and wheel bearings ke55 discs and calipers and backing plates and ke20 strut tops but I am removing them for coil overs I'm going run standed diff for run in on the engine as i wont be boosting it much then will get a terrago van diff cut down Report
March 22, 201214 yr Author comment_591882 bit of an update coming along nicely now hopefully put engine in next week if all goes well. ke20 steering box installed under dash bracket i made up to fit new collapsible steering column new dash I made out off fiberglass and wrapped in vinyl t28 I got clocked to fit my manifold sneaky pic engine in this is ate earlier stage will put more pics up this weenkend of it all done Edited May 16, 201214 yr by babyblueke11 Report
March 22, 201214 yr comment_591970 It's coming along pretty well man, do you have any pics of the engine mounts at all? Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_609133 come on teddy weres the build thread love?? I know its running now!!! Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_609145 come on teddy weres the build thread love?? I know its running now!!! Serious? omg need moar pics and info..! awesome to hear, mate Report
June 26, 201214 yr Author comment_612291 heres a sneaky vid of the 4age running http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYYNhopHQc4 i will update post soon Report
June 27, 201214 yr comment_612576 Very very clean swap this is awesome! Job well done Kate I bet you're keen to drive it, what did you have to do for a tail shaft? Report
June 28, 201214 yr comment_612621 I am loving the look of your engine compartment. It is very simply and clean (taking notes). Keep the ideas- ahem I mean updates rollin. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now