Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke11 4Agte

Featured Replies

HI all so ive been on here for a while religiously watching peoples progress on there ke projects.and finnaly decidded to add mine

 

 

its a ke11 it had a 5k 5peed otherwise pretty standed

post-12095-0-54204900-1312878058_thumb.jpg

unfortunately just before Christmas the diff blew so as i was replacing diff i decided to lower it as well.

even more unfortunate i had major issues with the diff being a different drive shaft bolt pattern and so it sat in my garage for a while

and to add to my bad luck my house went under in the floods taking the car with it.

post-12095-0-63504300-1312878535_thumb.jpg

water receding after floods leaving it wet and muddy

post-12095-0-07812700-1312878628_thumb.jpg

after i stripped the interior and water blasted it very strange feeling.

 

so at this point I decided to rebuild it and do an engine conversion.

I decided a 4age was apropriate and after following Davros project I new I could get it to fit.

post-12095-0-31853800-1312879106_thumb.jpg

5k and gear box pulled and water logged

 

post-12095-0-78181700-1312879576_thumb.jpg

 

 

lowered stance

 

slightly photo shoped of what i want it to look like

 

4age engine

after buying the engine I gave to a mate to do a full rebuild

The intention at first was just to do a standed 4age with standed computer but plans always change.

I managed to buy a megasquirt comp so this made my decision to turbo it.

With this new change of plan I decided to replace the internals with 4agze stuff but these were hard to come across, luckly I found a full

4agze engine so this went to my engine builder and is now in full rebuild but i will be using my bigport 4age head as this is allready rebuilt.

 

engine prefit

post-12095-0-07635100-1312880669_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-47359000-1312880745_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-38932500-1312880962_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-12171400-1312881086_thumb.jpg

Edited by babyblueke11

Good to see a thread buddy . Well meet this weekend

  • Author

After the fitment of the engine I took to repainting the engine bay and interiour

post-12095-0-04200000-1312881971_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-89001100-1312882021_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-45428100-1312882047_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-16186900-1312882077_thumb.jpg

set up my own little spray booth in my garage

paint came up not too bad pretty happy with it.

 

Next step was setting up the brakes.

Before Christmas I had purchased ke20 brakes and struts so i could add a little bit beter braking a make it sit lower, but these were a bit to small for what I wanted especially as i was putting in a 4agte

I ended up going with ke55 brakes and girlock calipers these were completly rebuilt for me buy oldschool brake and clutch.

post-12095-0-61626800-1312882485_thumb.jpg

 

 

next step was setting up the brake booster

after talks with my engineer I was informed twin circuit was the way to go, this proved to be a massive headache and months of research to find one to fit.

I finally found one at Oldshool brake at clutch. I had to slightly modify my firewall so it could sit back under the dash with no clearance issues with the plenum.post-12095-0-47481300-1312882907_thumb.jpg

unfortunatly have no more photos of this as its already set up in the car and can't be bothered to pull it out for a photo, Its an early Mazda one with a bigger bore size so I don't have to run a remote booster hopefully

 

post-12095-0-99319300-1312883050_thumb.jpg

set up with clutch and remote resiviours.

post-12095-0-58575100-1312883132_thumb.jpg

  • Author

tunnel all welded up to cover up old shifter holes

post-12095-0-79835000-1312883332_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-40303000-1312883527_thumb.jpg

sound deadner all chipped out ready to be paint striped then painted with por 15

Edited by babyblueke11

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi did you use ke20 struts with ke55 disc and caliper and what diff you going with I'm doing same conversion

  • Author

I used ke10 struts and wheel bearings ke55 discs and calipers and backing plates and ke20 strut tops but I am removing them for coil overs

I'm going run standed diff for run in on the engine as i wont be boosting it much then will get a terrago van diff cut down

  • 7 months later...
  • Author

bit of an update coming along nicely now hopefully put engine in next week if all goes well.

 

ke20 steering box installed

post-12095-0-23886700-1332394015_thumb.jpg

under dash bracket i made up to fit new collapsible steering column

post-12095-0-33782800-1332394113_thumb.jpg

new dash I made out off fiberglass and wrapped in vinyl

post-12095-0-89447500-1332394179_thumb.jpg

t28 I got clocked to fit my manifold

post-12095-0-08609100-1332394254_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-12006700-1332394459_thumb.jpg

 

sneaky pic engine in this is ate earlier stage will put more pics up this weenkend of it all done

post-12095-0-11852400-1332394409_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-75512000-1337165417.jpg

Edited by babyblueke11

It's coming along pretty well man, do you have any pics of the engine mounts at all?

  • 2 months later...

come on teddy weres the build thread love??

 

I know its running now!!!

come on teddy weres the build thread love??

 

I know its running now!!!

 

Serious?

omg need moar pics and info..!

awesome to hear, mate

  • 3 weeks later...

Getting excited now :)

Very very clean swap this is awesome! Job well done Kate I bet you're keen to drive it, what did you have to do for a tail shaft?

I am loving the look of your engine compartment. It is very simply and clean (taking notes). Keep the ideas- ahem I mean updates rollin.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.