4A-Ge Starts When It Wants.

Dowsett

Members dont see this ad

What altezzaclub said makes sense...

Otherwise, what I would do is get a calander (diary works too) and note the days it starts and those it doesn't, and eventually you'll know what days it will start on and then drive it then.... problem solved!

(My guess check that your fuel pump doesn't have connection issues, fuel filter, battery charge?, coil pack, dizzy)

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Every time you attempt to start it, the cold start injector squirts fuel into the plenum.

There's going to be a lot of fuel in there.

I still reckon you need to swap the dizzy. Can you get any codes with your setup or not?

Every time you attempt to start it, the cold start injector squirts fuel into the plenum.

There's going to be a lot of fuel in there.

I still reckon you need to swap the dizzy. Can you get any codes with your setup or not?

yeh there was more fuel in one cylinder than the rest, its was shooting out the top of number 3.. I'm not to sure!

• 3 weeks later...

i had troubles with bad earth to engine and shit voltage to the ecu and coil when cranking.

check voltages at ecu and coil when cranking if shite run a wire and relay straight from battery

finally fixed was flooding on start up and leaning out when we got it running, the throttle body sensor had been played with.. the limiter kept kicking in randomly, but all fixed and made drift prac :)

thanks for the help anyway guys!