How Do You Take Strut Tops Off

Negative Ninja

Hi guys can someone please help me. I have had a bit of a look around the site but can't find what I need. Can someone please tell me how do I take the strut tops off my KE70 front struts. I have tried unbolting it when on the car and off the car. All that happens is it spins. So I figure either their not meant to come off or I'm a little dim. Please help.

Members dont see this ad

Rattle gun is best, but if not, try wrapping a strip of rag around the strut shaft several times then anchor it with a screwdriver.

If you don't want that shock just grab it with a plumber's wrench.

The strut top is meant to have a flat in the shaft hole that should stop it turning. Is your one ripped out?

I used a rattle gun with a piece of bike tyres wrapped around the shaft. You can grab it nice and firm, the friction with the rubber is high and it prevents damage.

Check 3rd photo here.

rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Lowering_KE1x_Front_using_KE2x_parts

If you don't have access to a rattle gun try this: rubber around shaft, strong multi-grips around rubber, pipe on each handle of multi-grips, squeeze gently together as you'll have lots of pressure on them with the added handle length. get your socket and put another pipe on the end of that and bam! loosen those bolts up with your pinky.