Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Engine To Suit...

Featured Replies

  • Author

I want to go the SR because they come with enough HP stock to get that lil' beast around corners sideways with no mods at all, Plus they're relitavly cheap anyhow haha:wink:

  • Replies 40
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4agze will get a 70 sideways no worries.

 

honestly if you have to ask all these questions, you're up for either;

a) a project that never runs; or

b) a project that costs you well over $10k, and is sub-par compared to something you could have bought for the same amount of money.

Its a valid reason for wanting to do the swap, however its not exactly the most logical.

Its only suggested to go for the 4A, purely cause its been done and covered and the easiest vs highest hp output. Also like caibs suggested you have the option to go 4AGZE, which already puts you miles ahead of the SR20 cost wise, as you will happily make around 85-95rwkw basically on a stock motor. You could pick up a running 4AGZE for around 1500-2500. Also like caibs mentioned a conversion like the SR and all associated parts will easily see your project blow out past 10k, espcially if you arent fabricating things up yourself. With that money you have saved, put it towards the GZE and either put a GT28R on it and it will happily punch 200rwhp no worries, plus you have extra for ECU, front mount with piping and exhaust etc etc.

Or if you wanna just do it on the cheap, just get a full stock GZE or even cheaper a smallport 4age and you'll be sorted.

 

We ain't telling you what to do mate but its being reccomended over and over to not go the SR and within good reason man

hey sorry to hijack, but we are the australian dealer for jerico transmissions and they will handle all the power you could ever make with an SR and for a gearbox with any ratios you can think of to bolt straight in to an SR is around $6500 and is full dog box REM polished gears and will be indestructible no matter what you do so that oppurtunity is out there. there is also the superduty box more expensive but can handle well over 800hp all day long if interested pm me

 

Also you can lift the box in one hand super light and they fit RB's too, there 4 speed but you don't need 5 gears on the track you just run diff ratio to suit our AU V8SC runs fine with a jerico

Edited by mitch-12

There's a complete 20v Turbo package up for $5000 on ae86drivingclub. No offence but you don't seem capable of doing an sr20 conversion since you couldn't even work out what an rb20 box came from, you'd be far better off buying a conversion package. They pop up prettty reguarly.

The reason I went with an SR is of course how easy it is to make power,

 

I wont take anything away from Toyo motors that last forever and a day, just to get it to a level i was happy with a stock SR would suffice, to which i end up throwing money at it anyway, got out of hand, the alloy block is a plus

 

I have been looking at the 3RZ motor and has proven results, so a swap could be in order

  • Author

Seeing how I am only on my p's I can't have turbo'd/supercharged....Yet :wink:

 

And how I see it is, Why buy a 4AGE then spend all of my money buying parts and doing it up to scrape SOME power out of it when I can buy a stock SR20 and put those parts in IT instead? :huh: *Not that I plan to YET*

 

And it seemed that every different thread and forum had a different name/number for the gearbox, I was getting confused and fed up so I just asked....Is that so hard to answer?......

  • Author

I can do the conversion, I just have to keep the new engine STOCK *Which is what i've been saying* And even so very slight mods won't do any harm, As long as I keep the power on the down low and within the limits....

Perhaps get a tune and put a limiter a bit lower, stock SR's wont like being revved constantly, and generally short shifting will keep the power handy,

 

Wack a winged type sump that holds 5L and get an oil cooler also with a remote oil filter kit, easy to service, they will all clear if you sit the engine properly, i have these on mine and a worthy investment

 

Budget for about $600 for these,

  • Author

One more question for ya's, Seeing how i'm buying the S13 front cut, Do I use the S13 steering rack??

And also do I buy Aftermarket KE70 Coilovers or aftermarket S13 coilovers???

 

Cheers :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.