The Rat

nerfbat

:bash: Thats how I'm feeling at the moment. About everything. We got the rocker gear, push rods, lifters on the way, cam, timing kit on the way, VRS kit, valve springs on the way, duct tape and cable ties, rtv sealant, carton of beer, clutch kit, another carton of beer, Gordan and man power. But how is the 150A gonna go? What are we about to do wrong? Surely there is something we have forgotten :hmm: I'm gonna get another beer.

Edited by ae824ate

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something i just came across.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/39518-5k-cam-info/page__view__findpost__p__421746

:bash:

If you still have the hot cam out line it up with the old one cause i forget if that rear bearing journal on the hot cam is wider and if it is it could cause problems for the rear welsh plug

:bash: Thats how I'm feeling at the moment. About everything. We got the rocker gear, push rods, lifters on the way, cam, timing kit on the way, VRS kit, valve springs on the way, duct tape and cable ties, rtv sealant, carton of beer, clutch kit, another carton of beer, Gordan and man power. But how is the 150A gonna go? What are we about to do wrong? Surely there is something we have forgotten :hmm: I'm gonna get another beer.

lol, yeah mate.

assuming Murphy's Law, i'm sure something will..

IMAG0285.jpg

picked up the clutch today from parts4cars in toowoomba, for 82 bucks

now, with many thanks to Rob(Towe) and Luke(Ae82something, lol),

i am going the 5k solid lifter conversion.

ordered 3F lifters for $5.50 each, running 4k pushrods and rocker gear and should be sweet

much like posted here:

http://www.rollaclub...ter-conversion/

Wondering where you scored the 3f lifters for only $5.50, keen to get some at that price :yes:

Wondering where you scored the 3f lifters for only $5.50, keen to get some at that price :yes:

Parts 4 cars in Tbar. Any decent auto parts store should be able to get them. Repco, parts 4 cars etc. Or contact an engine rebuilder if you have to.

yeah as luke said, i got mine from a mate at P4cars(may have been mates rates?) but still, they wouldnt be much dearer than the price i posted, if it was.

ask for John, tell him Zowie sent ya. it will save a lot of banter/explaining. i have been picking his brain all this week, lol

hvy duty crow valve springs, as well as the lifters, arrived today, will post a pic when i go pick them up

Edited by nerfbat

i see the notches on both gears mate, but there are no 'shiny' or marked links on the chain to work off?

so i assume the chain is 'wrong'? or it just isnt there?

all the books i have on these, suggest the chains have a shiny or marked link, top and bottom to line up with the notches on the gear.

correct me if I'm wrong

I bought a pro torque timing kit for my 5k and it had no marks on the chain. Just had to use a straight edge too make sure the gears are aligned correctly when you put it on.

IMAG0290.jpg

some minor hiccups this arvo.

the lifters turned up but are the wrong ones(above in plastic)

so, from memory, in the above pic from top to bottom, is 4k solid, then my original 5k hydro, then the wrong lifter...

IMAG0291.jpg

close-up of the 5k hydro vs the wrong one, a sht load bigger...

IMAG0294.jpg

at least the springs turned up, and...

IMAG0296.jpg

fitted ok..!

so, valve grind done, head cleaned and ready to go back on.

just waiting on the flywheel lightening to be finished tomorrow arvo, so i can fit it, the clutch, and lift the engine back in.

if all goes well, i may be back on the road this weekend