The Rat

nerfbat

I was updating the wiki today and and i came across this.

Custom pushrods can be made to length from VW pushrods and using the A-series cup. They sit the turned down cup shaft on a ledge in the alloy. Custom made to your length and cheap.

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=318349#forumpost318349

I know it says about the VW ones, but would you be able to get just the one new a12 push rod ? And then get them turned down to the right size.

Or just maybe do the 5k push rods.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about this for a while, but i also know that 'custom' usually means expensive. Also, has anyone else ever noticed the difference in the ball and cup between the push rods (k series and datto's)? I might be pedantic but i don't like the dodgey sloppy fitment in the lifter cup and the tappet adjuster. I know under load they are always centered in the convex/concave of the ball and cup , but a nice machined match would be more gooderer. I think we might be going the gutted 5k hydraulic and 4k pushrod setup, its all up to Zowie (the boss). I just typed 16035 paragraphs on shit, but i decided to not give a f@$k atm.

• 4 months later...

been a while since I/we posted.

windows getting tinted this arvo finally, was meant to be last year, but i either coudlnt catch my mate, or he was busy.

120 bucks for darkest legal tint on sides and ambulance tint on rear.

got the 5K from Rob/mine/Dave's Turtle in her now. bog standard, but nice aircleaner, extractors and 2 inch exhaust, to help her breathe.

will post pics when windows are done

doing a few small things this week b4 jap day this weekend in Brissie, will be bringing her down.

can't wait to see you guys, and put faces to names.

if the rest of you are like the good few ive met/spoke to or dealt with, over the last few mths, in the words of Big Kev " I'm excited..!"

May as well go a

STARFIRE 4... woops a missfire 4... out of the VB commodore,

Should be able to swap someone a fishtank and your 12foot fibreglass boat Luke, automaticly makes you do mad single peggers and shiz...

But in all seriousness, Will be cool as to see it at AJD.

AND the tint looks hot AND the 5k goes good :cool:

Dave

Edited by Stenzel

May as well go a

STARFIRE 4... woops a missfire 4... out of the VB commodore,

Should be able to swap someone a fishtank and your 12foot fibreglass boat Luke, automaticly makes you do mad single peggers and shiz...

Dave

like this one cuz?

294701_2224077893239_1586494724_2234761_865124743_n.jpg

320961_2224077253223_1586494724_2234760_186809109_n.jpg

:-P

and always good to catch up with fellow rolla lovers..!

Yeah Gordon,

We could of mobbed some asain kids and took there gardy shiz and take it to cash converters to fund our projects while we were out testing the 5k. buy you that starfire bruh. (hope you get some of that reference lol)

Dave

and lol yeah mate