4K Engine Best Muffler Advice

jmx2004

Members dont see this ad

extractors- they only come in 2" these days so take the 2" to the resonator under the passenger's floor, then inch & 3/4 to the rear with a tri-chamber muffler. Works for me and sounds great.

You can use a 2" all though but I doubt you need it, and a straight-through muffler, instant cop bait.

If you want to keep the stock manifold just 1&3/4" pipes with two mufflers. Explain to the exhaust guy what you want it to sound like and he should have some recommendations.

try this-

http://autospeed.com/cms/title_Giant-Muffler-Comparison-Detailed-Test-Results/A_0383/article.html

yrs ago i had the most silly loud exhaust , i could be heard coming from 2 blocks away.consisted of 2 inch piping from the stock header section to one hot dog resonator...instant cop bait as mentioned and i got sick of it... not to mention ears ringing after long drive...

so 2 inch piping is fine as long as you have a centre resonator and a muffler in the rear.....

Edited by blktoy35

extractors- they only come in 2" these days so take the 2" to the resonator under the passenger's floor, then inch & 3/4 to the rear with a tri-chamber muffler. Works for me and sounds great.

The extractors that I source do come with a 1.75" outlet..

I've modded the extractors to 2", 2" hotdog under the passenger seat, then 2" all the way back to a Redback 2" straight thru muffler. Sounds good and none too noisy.

I also used a tri-chamber muffler on the rear, also sounded good. Pretty quiet.

Also on my KE30 I had extractors and 2" all the way back to a 2" straight thru muffler. That was WAY too loud. Never again. :bash:

The KE30 was a stock 4K with a 3K head and stock carby.

Just go 2" with a hotdog resi under the front seats, and a tri chamber at the rear. Will be good, and you can always go to a straight thru if you want more noise.

Edited by SLO-030

i decided not to be loud hahaha.. i plug in a silencer instead. my car seems not running even though its running damn so silent hahaha... like a sleeping baby.

anyways thanks guys for helping me out and helping me decide.

i guess i like to hear my engine Roar than my Muffler Roar :-)