Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where Is The Water Coming From :'(

Featured Replies

Hi there guys

As the title says I can't for the life of me find this LEAK!! It's a ke30 4 door, I have tried the torch test, the hose test and I can't find reference to it being a common problem? It only comes into the two side compartments (where the jack is), not the wheel well, and once it's in it stays there til I empty it.

The only time it leaks is when I drive in the rain, not when I wash it etc, so I'm thinking there are joins that open up under pressure?

The real killer was last night I got home, the compartments were full and yet there was no water trail anywhere (dry dust where I thought it was coming from :bash: )

I see only 2 options-Go crazy with sikaflex, or drill drainage holes. Neither of which I want to do

HELP MUCH APPRECIATED

Mine did that as well but this is a ke70. It would leak in around the brakelights and run into the wells where the jack is and there wouldnt be water anywhere else. Is it going in there?

Edited by BlueKsev

A few possiblilites to consider..

1, Maybe leaking rear quarter vent seals (in the c pillars). Which runs down the inside on the rear 1/4s down into the wells.

 

2, Rear boot seal (rubber) dried or perished and not adhering to the metal lip properly allowing water to run underneath it.

 

3, Perished tail light gaskets, usually there will be staining down the rear beaver panel where it may pool on theboot floor and run off into the rear 1/4s. Had the same issue with the old ae71, Just have plenty of old towels on hand if it rains when you drive just so it can soak up the water before it settles at the bottom. And once its not driven pull them out and air them.

 

Good luck :y:

  • Author

Thanks guys, I have hose tested all those spots- it's something less obvious unfortunately :(

Do you have any rust just below the rear window? have a look at the boot hinges feel on the top of them see if it gaters in the bends

I'm with Chillin. If your window lips are corroded away, water runs down into the boot.

 

Also have a serious look at the inner rear wheel arches.

 

You may well find holes there, where spray thrown up ends up in the pockets.

  • Author

Cheers guys, No rust or anything like that. My new plan is to dig up some of the tar etc and sikaflex anything that looks remotely suss. I've had less trouble with leaky yachts for christ sake!

Mine was leaking through the joints in the boot channel where the rubber seal sits. They looked fine, and I'd had that area repainted a couple of years back, but a coating of silicon at the panel joints fixed it. I assume they had flexed and cracked the paint, the body is very weak really..

 

We popped a leaking tailight out years ago and put vaseline around the rubber seal there, that fixed that leak.

 

 

  • 3 months later...

By hose test do u mean hose it down then open her up and have a look. or lock you self In the boot with a Torch and a trusted mate ( who will let you out) and get them to hose it down whilst you look for it?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.