Subaru_Kid's Ae82 Tin Can - Parting Out

Subaru_kid

Hey guys,

Realised I have been signed up here for a while but never posted, thought id jump on after seeing a whole lot of rollaclub stickers today.

The car I drive is an 1987 AE82 Twin Cam Corolla. I bought it off of a bloke who was about to turn it into a rally car, so i like to think that i saved it, but I'm kinda doing exactly what he was minus the gravel shenanigans and roll cage haha

The plan is to basically have this as a trackable daily driver.

Mods:

- Bazda's STD Coilovers

- 15x7 949Racing 6UL's wrapped in Kumho KU36

- Fake (haters gonna hate) Bride fixed back bucket seats

- CAI

- Straight thru rear muffler

Heres how it looked when i bought it:

5376765119d0789ec343b.jpg[

And now it sits like this:

photo0577j.jpg

photo0556n.jpg

photo0562.jpg

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2160.JPG

Thanks

Edited by Subaru_kid

Members dont see this ad

The series 1 twincams just looked better than the series 2's. Maybe this was on ebay a while back and the bloke who sold it to you purchased it from ebay. Because that area around the fuel filler looks familiar.

Was good meeting you and your dad yesterday :) I had the white ke70 :y:

Very clean! Makes me want one!!!

Thanks mate, but it looks ALOT better in pictures than what it actually is though :P

The series 1 twincams just looked better than the series 2's. Maybe this was on ebay a while back and the bloke who sold it to you purchased it from ebay. Because that area around the fuel filler looks familiar.

Was good meeting you and your dad yesterday :) I had the white ke70 :y:

I agree, the S1 is definitely better looking... although i am somewhat biased :P

Most likely, this car was pretty unique with the weird dodgey rust job it had done around the fuel cap... :down:

Also, thanks for inspiring me to clean up my car a little bit... That KE70 is really inspirational :)

About time you got here! :P

Shuddup you! :P lol

EDIT: Forgot to mention, track day next week!! AWW YEA!!

Edited by Subaru_kid

Nice ride Justin, do you get hasseled about the seats? I was looking at getting some brides but then the fun police told me I would be hasseled about ADR compliance etc :(

Thanks man

I actually havent been pulled over for any mods yet, including the seats, cops havent said anything and ive been through a lot booze buses in the last couple of weeks. Only picked on where i used to put my P-plates... I think to them its just some granny corolla with no interior... well, actually it kinda is... hahaha :P

Just don't go through RWC with the seats and you should be right, only takes 5 minutes to change over ;)

Ill have to check if these are ADR approved, but i doubt it as theyre fake, ill have a look in the morning :)

Oh hai

So today I woke up at 5AM and drove up to winton for the winton tampered track day, the first proper track day ive attended, and first track day i have attended in this car. Got to scrutineering, acting all noob because i am and asked for directions to everywhere lol

Pics of car:

sam0027.jpg

umadnoobs?

Prepared the car and went out for my first session aiming for a measly 2:00 lap time.

I went around fairly easily just getting to know the circuit again and the car in these conditions and it was a bit sketchy here and there but not too bad. The session got cut short by another corolla dude one of those new corollas getting stuck in the gravel trap. So i was a bit disappointed about that, and crawled back to the pits to see my time... lo and behold I have a look at the screen and am shocked that i got a 1:51.4!!

So I got all pumped and went out for the next session, making a few adjustments to my shocks beforehand. The car felt much better but still very floaty and understeery. Traffic didnt help in this session, kept on getting held up by other cars, which wasnt very fun :( Came back with a 1:52.3

The car kept surging because i had no petroleum, so i dashed into town to get some. Got back just in time to lower my tyre pressures and adjust my shocks up before heading out with a passenger this time. Ended up with a 1:52 flat

Session 4: Went out by myself and had a few hotlaps, car was nicely adjusted for the track, only thing holding me up was the tyres, at the beginning. I pushed the car a little bit more and managed a 1:49.5990 PB

Then on my last lap my head gasket blew and i lot pretty much all compression in 2nd and 3rd cylinders GAH!!! :(

We packed up and limped home, kinda happy, kinda sad with the results form the day

i have some video ill upload of session 2 and sesh 4's BHG shenanigans in the next few days

kthxbye