Subaru_Kid's Ae82 Tin Can - Parting Out

Subaru_kid

Members dont see this ad

My car is all wired up and ready to go, but when we tried to crank it over nothing happened... woot. The sparky thinks he knows what the problem is, so if all goes to plan ill get it back friday.

Shes so dusty and smells funny too :(

Edited by Subaru_kid

AXE.jpg

Sparky is an idiot. Was trying to wire up my motor to the 4AFE wiring diagram. Will talk/rage/scream/swear at him tomorrow and see if he can get it ready by end of next week... if not, I'm pulling it out and doing it myself.

Moral of the story: DIY. don't bother getting someone to fix your car.

RAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Subaru_kid

The sparky thinks he knows what the problem is

Sparky is an idiot.

Q & A.

Was trying to wire up my motor to the 4AFE wiring diagram. Will talk/rage/scream/swear at him tomorrow and see if he can get it ready by end of next week... if not, I'm pulling it out and doing it myself.

:bash: :hammer: :jason:

Damn man, no wonder she didn't go! Good luck either way. :y:

Long story short.... After giving him the 4AGE diagrams for both the 82 and 92 its taken him a day to get the engine running. Now its all just a matter of connecting up the rest of the accessories... Its amazing what you can do if you have the right diagrams! -_-

can't say I'm too happy about it all, but in his defence usually he is tops

AXE.jpg

Sparky is an idiot. Was trying to wire up my motor to the 4AFE wiring diagram. Will talk/rage/scream/swear at him tomorrow and see if he can get it ready by end of next week... if not, I'm pulling it out and doing it myself.

RAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I learn't the hard way too bro, if you want it right, do it your self, you're the only one accountable for it and you get that warm fuzzy feeling.

Long story short.... After giving him the 4AGE diagrams for both the 82 and 92 its taken him a day to get the engine running. Now its all just a matter of connecting up the rest of the accessories... Its amazing what you can do if you have the right diagrams! -_-

can't say I'm too happy about it all, but in his defence usually he is tops

Amazing how if you kick up a stink it can all happen in a couple of hours.

• 2 weeks later...

2 effing G.

Car has been sitting around for the last week with a few issues and i just got the chance to work on it today.

Car started up beautifully, but had a few teething issues with the new motor. There's a bearing on one of the pulleys thats about to seize up so its making all kinds of noises, then when i put my foot over half throttle it just bogged down.

I thought the timing was out so i adjusted the dizzy and played around until it was running perfectly. Took it for another drive, same problem but it now caused the engine light to come on.

So i bridged the diagnostic thing to check out the engine code and turns out it was number 52. Looked through this 4AGE book that the sparky gave me and it only had codes until 51... great.

So i jump on my phone and google said engine code and it turns out numero 52 is actually for the #1 Knock sensor. I looked around the knock sensor for the wire and gave it a tug and it was on its connector, tried to start it again and same problem. Now I'm crapping myself thinking this new motor is farked.

I thought i might aswell try and disconnect and reconnect the knock sensor plug, turns out the plug wasnt sitting on its connector properly. Fire it up again after this and all was perfect! the loose plug was causing the engine to think it was knocking. Problem solved. :D

So I gave it a wash, and drove it all afternoon and had the biggest cheesiest grin on my face lol Engine pulls hard compared to the bigport and just has so much more torque... motor is at another level + the sounds.. oh the sounds.... its just awesome!

Now i just gotta put all that dash back in tomorrow and fix the bearing on the pulley, secure a few more things and make a plate for the ECU to sit in the footwell....

Onward to some pics!

imgp6089n.jpg

imgp6094a.jpg

imgp6108.jpg

imgp6113.jpg

imgp6117i.jpg

Skids all weekend?

soooo clean. My brother in law had one a few years back. Loved the shit out of it. His didn't have Bride's, Coilovers, or a Nardi steering wheel though.

Thanks man! theyre an awesome car, easy to throw around and they handle great, plus with the 4AGE, whats not to love? :D

Justin, best post ever, I really happy it turned out well, what engine are you now running? I think I completely missed that post lol. Also chuck up a vid!

Agreed. lol Ive got the smallport 4AGE in there now. its still not running 100% but its a much better and much healthier motor than the bigport was, theres just heaps more torque but not much more power, thats probably thanks to the pod sucking in hot air (ill fix that tomorrow ;) )

Hopefully if the rain holds out ill find a nice corner and pop the tripod out ;) just havent been having luck with the weather recently

Subtle change to the car, I ended up lowering it 20mm, but i will be changing it back on sunday, because it handles like crap! lol

422454_361964353824718_100000334683409_1237419_1656246847_n.jpg

429499_361964447158042_100000334683409_1237420_801937693_n.jpg

Also the exhaust suddenly sounds different, louder, pops more and its making heaps of fumes... pretty sure i didnt scrape it on anything, but I'm also pretty sure my cat isnt doing its job anymore lol