Subaru_Kid's Ae82 Tin Can - Parting Out

Subaru_kid

Got the car running early last week, and threw my other wheels on on wednesday just because...

imgp7153n.jpg

imgp7148.jpg

imgp7147t.jpg

Also, i have locked in on some goodies locally.... now searching Japan for goodies to put these goodies on. hehe ;)

Gonna try and get this ready for next week friday, its going to be really tight!

Members dont see this ad

Did a fair bit on the car today.

Raised it 15mm and now handles exceptionally well!! Car feels natural around corners, really neutral and i don't have to turn the steering wheel as much as i used to when it was low.

Also changed the oil in the motor, runs so much smoother now, and I changed the gearbox oil to some Western Oil SynGear 75-90 and man is it changing slick

Car is heaps better compared to this morning :)

I have a surprise coming soon aswell :D

Awesome pics, where abouts where you?

Thanks! I was near Warbuton, on Mt Donna Buang

Potentially the coolest looking AE corolla on RollaClub.

Those pictures really do capture Melbourne's shithouse weather!

Thanks for the compliments man! :) Possibly, but I'm pretty sure there are only 2 or 3 AE82's and mine is the only one on the road so its an unfair statement :P

Agreed!! so unpredictable.. srsly, snow in early Autumn?! lol

Edited by Subaru_kid

Agreed!! so unpredictable.. srsly, snow in early Autumn?! lol

Melbourne, where else can you experience all four seasons in one day? :laff:

Fantastic photos mate, the last snow-covered shot is screaming to be put as your avatar or made into a signature banner! :wink:

Update:

Driveshaft is poo and clicking a bit too much now, it will have to wait till wednesday

Clutch is poo because leaking clutch slave/piston and hence i have no clutch pedal feel and its causing some crunching

Got all the bits just have to nurse it till i can change them over.

Catch can is installed, and i should probably say some good news in this thread...

and thanks guys! ill look into it :D

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

Recently bought some of these for a cheap price from a Honderp driver

imgp7474x.jpg

They are Toyo R888's and apparently only used for 2 track days...

imgp7478k.jpg

See? still a fair bit of tread left :)

imgp7481.jpg

I installed my catch can not too long ago...

imgp7490.jpg

*Le ugly engine bay pic*

imgp7492.jpg

So once i get this car's reliability woes sorted, I'm aiming for a 1:46'er at Winton in June if the weather permits :D

Are there any other things you could do to bolster reliability? It's a top little car, just never gets a long run without something going a little wayward.

Would kill to have one of these in auto (can't get a manual, missus refuses to learn).

Yeah, pretty much have to change everything :P

Driveshafts are completely shot, i picked some up today and ill change it tomorrow.

Clutch slave will be changed tomorrow, because it died.

I think i found out why the sump is leaking... will be maybe tomorrow if i get around to it.

I need to source a new power steering reservoir to stop some of the leaking.

Needs a new timing belt, which will be done in 2 weeks time.

Pretty much all my problems should be gone in the next few weeks... the bad ones will be done tomorrow :)

Buy your misses her own car, get one of these for yourself... theyre cheap enough to do so ;)

Thought you'd ditch power steering? I would in that thing, it'd give you more feel through corners, used to love driving my old '92 without it.

Sounds like you've got a fun day ahead!

She's got an '04 Ascent, but I need an auto incase she ever needs to drive me (when I magically go from designated driver to 'oops, sorry love, just had a beer')

Think you'd hit a 1:46 around Winton with everything fixed? It'd be grouse to even be nudging the 1:45s!

I thought about taking the PS out and was just about to till the rack i had sourced didnt end up coming through. Problem with the manual rack is that it is a slower ratio, so you have to work harder and turn more which i am not happy doing. And with the 205's on it is heavy enough with power steering already.

Well there will be a few more things coming before i hit the track again... just gotta make room in the budget for it... I think as it stands (minus the reliability issues) I would get a mid 47... with semis and a few more things who knows? ;)