Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

32/36 Weber Tuning Issues

Featured Replies

Hey Hey,

 

I have a 32/36 weber on my Pajero. SAeeing as some folk here like these carbies i'll ask here.It wont idle properly. Idles at 200 - 300rpm.

 

No vac leaks i can find.

Drives well, cruises well.

Dies when i add start ya bastard.

Runs better when i cover fuel bowl vents but still not 100%.

New kit put through, new needle and seat.

To get it to idle i have turn the mixture screw out nearly 10 turns and crack the primary butterfly which is very wrong. Idles shit aswell.

 

I'm not expecting a miracle answer but suggestions.

i found out what the 3 ports on the 32/36dgav do.

 

1st on the top LHS, is where the breather connects to

 

2nd on bottom lhs is the fuel return

 

3rd on RHS is the fuel in

It sounds like its running to lean. If you want i'd be happy to swap my recoed 38/38 synchronous for your 32/36 progressive. I think its just too big for my 5k as the weber book my dad has says its generically jetted to suite a 2.5L and the inner venturis are not interchangable. I bought it through recarb in september.

We've fiddled with the jet sizes and it still doesn't like to play ball.

post-8643-0-72816900-1320647622_thumb.jpg

Edited by GJM85

  • Author

Does it have the same bolt pattern as a 32/36 ? and whats it jetted for ?

 

If i do swap this one will come with jets to suit a 4ac so it should run ok on a 5k.

sounds like it's rediculously rich to me.

  • Author

sounds like it's rediculously rich to me.

Fuel pressure just popped in my head, I'm running the 32/36 straight off the mechanical fuel pump. The Paj book says they can run up to 13psi so i might drop a regulator in tomorrow arvo and wind it down to 3 or 4 psi.

Edited by AE70

whats the fuel bowl level like? you running a return line off the carby?

 

 

if it was over pressurizing wouldnt it all the excess fuel be bypassed into the return?

  • Author

whats the fuel bowl level like? you running a return line off the carby?

 

 

if it was over pressurizing wouldn't it all the excess fuel be bypassed into the return?

Running a return, Dunno but its worth a try otherwise I'm going to burn it.

stick a 4k in it :P

  • Author

stick a 4k in it :P

A mate has an injected 304 V8 cheap :hmm: Would be a tight fit and the Paj 5 speed would die on start up.

 

Will have another tinker tomorrow.

Does it have the same bolt pattern as a 32/36 ? and whats it jetted for ?

 

If i do swap this one will come with jets to suit a 4ac so it should run ok on a 5k.

 

It's the same as a 32/36 but it has no choke, synchonised throttles and it came jetted to suit a 2.5 litre. All I've changed is the main jets from 145 to 125. But I can change them back.

  • Author

It's the same as a 32/36 but it has no choke, synchonised throttles and it came jetted to suit a 2.5 litre. All I've changed is the main jets from 145 to 125. But I can change them back.

Hmmm I'll have a tinker tomorrow and see what happens. Pm me your number and I'll give you a ring tomorrow Gav.

sounds like it's rediculously rich to me.

 

+1

  • Author

+1

When i put the 4ac suitable jets back in and try its the same. Doesn't idle but drives OK. Going to try the reg tomorrow. Trev tune it for me!

Dunno what pressure mine is getting as my fuel regulator and return is before the carb so I am using a single fuel line on the carby, also check the timing on it when you are playing around with it next.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.