Ke70 Manual Conversion Problems

AE92_rolla

Members dont see this ad

Do you think it can be assembled like that Slo? or will the raised face of the clutch plate not sit against the flywheel at all??

I've never tried it to see.

It will all go in as normal. Will be able to select gears without engine running and rev-matching, but no love when trying to shift normally.

I've done it myself. First clutch I ever did.

It will all go in as normal. Will be able to select gears without engine running and rev-matching, but no love when trying to shift normally.

I've done it myself. First clutch I ever did.

nah it selects normally with the clutch, i put it in properly with the flywheel side towards the flywheel, also the clutch plate has a bit the sorta comes out by 1-2cm which goes on the gearbox side.

if it was in wrong that bit would hit the spigot bearing and it wouldnt allow the pressure plate on wouldnt it?

ohk so it only makes wierd noises in reverse, heavy acceleration and cornering, otherwise its well normal?

only makes wierd noises in reverse, heavy acceleration and cornering

Reverse- reverse gear or bearing, diff...

Heavy acceleration- g'box brgs, diff..

Cornering- ummm... suspension rubbing? Not related to gearbox at all?? I suppose it loads the transmission from clutch to wheel bearings as you go around corners.

Tricky!

ohk so bit of an update!!

also makes this "noisee" upon startup?

if i sit in neutral and try to pull the gearbox towards me (pulling on the gearbox through the hole where the rubber cover should be:P ) it also makes this noise? it can't be the tailshaft as the car is in neutral and the tailshaft isnt spinning otherwise i would have no fingers lol.

can't be both the gearboxes right? because it does it in neutral aswell? bought them of here :P

can't be the clutch side of things because then the clutch wouldnt work?

so very very confused

but a wierd grinding/rubbng noise is evident?

it only makes wierd noises in reverse, heavy acceleration and cornering

if i sit in neutral and try to pull the gearbox towards me (pulling on the gearbox through the hole where the rubber cover should be:P ) it also makes this noise?

That's easier- have someone pull the box over so it makes the noise while you crawl underneath & look for it. It sounds like engine/g'box mounts problem, letting the engine/box rub somewhere. Grab a long screwdriver and put your ear against it while touching the blade to various parts of the box & motor.

• Upvote 1