4x4 Corolla

wasfishing

The AE95 sedan looks just like a EE90 or AE92 Euro spec fwd sedan. No hatch ever made 4wd. AE95 sportswagon has same front end shap than EE90 ro AE92 liftback.

The AE95 is called Corolla here in europe, but have seen same car called as tercel in asia.

Engine is 4A-F or later 4A-FE. Rearaxle is "same" as AE86, but with drums and 2.9:1 final ratio :)

And for the weakness... Well proven to hold an assault of 300hp engine at drag strip :)

Members dont see this ad
Well that clears a fair bit up. Maybe the drivetrain isn't that weak at all. And I never realised the rear diff was the same as the AE86. Toycrash, do you know if it was the S-series or T-series diff?

It's a T-series 6.7" rear. The weakest part of powertrain is the gear that tranfers power to rear axle... dunno what you call it. :)

Of course I'm right. I'm always right. :)

On an interesting side note, a security guard at work tried to tell me that he'd been in a Corolla with a fully worked 4A-GE - with the engine taken out to 2300cc. Anyone else think he spouted out one of the worst, most unbelieveable steaming piles of crap ever? I've heard of a 2.0L 4A-GE, but that was custom pistons and crank and was absolutely pushing the limits, plus they were made in the US and the company that did them isn't open anymore.