The Bandit.

skitz_one

Not really a build thread but picked up my new toy yesterday thought you guys would approve!

Only cell phone pics atm I'll reshow them when it gets polished and get the digital slr photo's taken.

402ci pontiac motor 18,000 miles since rebuild holley 800 double pump, electric pump n reg, new alternator ( FARKIN HUGE LOL ), 2.5 inch splits with a single magnaflow? on each bank ending before diff. Has 15x8 and 15x10 wheels. 265/60/15 allround. All the suspension the posi and the box also got rebuilt 18000 miles ago aswell as a fresh two pack which was 10 years ago now. Has an awesome gold pearl through the clear coat. I bought it off the 2nd owner who's had since 87 who bought it off the original owner. It was sold new in Australia funilly enough apparently. So either dealer or gm rhd conversion.

Plans, new bird for the bonnet.

Brakes I'm thinking...

Rechrome wheels.

New tyres fairly hard at the moment probably go 255/275.

Adr seatbelts going in on wednesday.

Carby play thursday also have a 650 n a 750 sitting around, thinking the 750 would help this..

Hoping to go to kwinana for a 1/4 mile run next week or week after. I haven't driven a car like this before it's something different. you park it with one finger, arse gets loose powershifting at 40 mile into second with 265's. Torquetorque. Flattens out pretty quick but it's just something else.

post-5350-0-80066100-1321748869_thumb.jpg

post-5350-0-83376000-1321748921_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Well put had seatbelts installed wednesday, goes back in monday... They've mounted them on the wrong angle and they keep locking up. I've so far had to driven twice without a seatbelt never done it before and I tell you what it's quite a nervous feeling don't know how people can do it. But when your stuck somewhere at ten at night been up since five driven 300 miles that day still feel like your dying from the kidney stone that hasn't passed in three days... You do it.

Timing cover is capout unfortunately. The gasket went old owner left it to long it's starting to corode sigh. So modifcations happening sooner then thought. Plan is, lift motor up, drop sump, pull rad, timing cover and water pump. Look at factory ho cam. Laugh. Take 288/292 with .575 inch of lift out of box. Installe cam and hydraulic lifters. Put new old stock timing cover on, add electric water pump. Put radiator back in, attack thermos and wire in. Then laugh at the close to 40 kilo cast iron exhaust manifolds and put on hooker headers. take 800 off, put 750 spread bore on with a 1.5 inch raise aliminuim mani.

Why you say? Cam kit including lifter. $137. Hooker headers $189. Electric water pump $103 thermo fan set up $86. Fark I love american motors.

• 3 weeks later...