November 27, 201114 yr comment_568401 Lol! Simplest and probably most common/easiest conversion is either a 4k-c or 5k-c. Everything bolts straight up. It will give you a little bit more power and torque, and will cost you around 200-500 for the motor alone depending on what you go for and a few hours fitting it all up and tuning it. Report
November 27, 201114 yr comment_568406 +1 for the 5k swap. Simple. Easy and no mods. Although, depending on the year, if its an early model 36 it will have a nippondenso alternator with external regulator (little black box mounted between the battery and strut tower) You will need to retain the same alternator due to wiring differences. (if the one on a new engine happens to be a bosch alternator) So the alternator that you currently have should be put on to the new engine to reduce the chance of issues delaying first start up. Report
November 28, 201114 yr Author comment_568581 Is that your white 36 on ebay with no windscreen and new rubbers? yeah just seeing what someone will pay for one not selling it starting to spray her this weekend Report
November 29, 201114 yr comment_568710 No I haven't done the conversion. I was thinking about it, and I asked someone what was involved in doing it, and I was told you need to do some mods to fit a 7K-E into a KE3x, and those are what I was told. It was just a suggestion, not a debate. Yes, a 4K or 5K is much easier, but the 7K has more Potential for Power. Yes, it may be the same cost as an SR20 conversion, but IMO, I'd prefer a 7K. Josh :cool: Edited November 29, 201114 yr by ewt Report
November 30, 201114 yr Author comment_568974 thanks guys and girls for all your help but just going to stay with stock motor but will be doing a motor up grade in next year or two if still have the littel wags getting engine bay sprayed this weekend then the rest later mite post some pick for use to see thanks again Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now